Locked Up

For those of you that know me well, you all know what a big, huge baby I am. The closest I have ever gotten to a police officer was when I had a car wreck or got a ticket. So, I am sure you all will be shocked that on August 6th I will be locked up.

Well, sort of. I am participating again this year in the Muscular Dystrophy Association's Lock Up for a Cure. So, I get to be "arrested" at work and taken to "jail" (aka Spaghetti Warehouse) with some coworkers. But, it is all for a great cause.

I have a great deal of empathy for those who struggle with their health. Today when I was looking up some information on Mattie Stepanek (Oprah's little friend that died of MD at only age 14) I came across this site: http://www.myhero.com/myhero/hero.asp?hero=mattiestepanek. If you read Mattie's words on how blessed he still felt despite his grave illness it truly is inspiring and puts life in perspective.

If you are interested in donating to help find a cure for this disease, I have a webpage where I am raising money for this worthy cause. https://www.joinmda.org/MyLockup/MyHomepage/tabid/15401/Participant/katies/Default.aspx

PS - My next post will be a lot lighter. 2 days of deep thoughts are enough for me!

Comments

Popular Posts