Gotta love a Gadget

In an amazing twist of irony, (the ironic part being I don't really cook) I have a small obsession with kitchen gadgets. (As mentioned, I know I am odd.)

Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:

I honestly thought I had every kitchen gadget known to man.

On Tuesday, I went to a cooking demonstration at the new Southside Sage Culinary Studio. While I was there, I checked out the new wares. Um, loved them. I came home with a melon baller (how did I not have that????), a hard boiled egg cooker and some port wine jam. (Oh, and bonus, if you attend her Tuesday night OK Foodies show, you get 10% off anything in the store!)

Catherine took me with her throughout the store and explained to me what some of the items did and there are so many fun things that I didn't know even existed...like a spiral slicer. Catherine explained it as a pencil sharpener for food.

This one I especially loved - a curler! Look at the beautiful "flowers" you could make with your food. (Can you imagine how impressed your friends would be???)

I own a little onion keeper and I love it. So I had no idea there were food savers specifically designed for all of your fruits and veggies.




Seriously, have you ever seen anything cuter than a chef's hat for your meat bones? Miniatures - hello! (Truth be told, I have seen these on a wedding on Platinum Weddings. Sadly, I am a smite bit addicted to the WE channel.)

Okay, so let me know what other food gadgets I am missing for my "collection." As mentioned in the book First, Break All the Rules, one of the top reasons people quit a job is because they don't have all of the materials needed for them to do their work. I just want to be sure that doesn't happen to me . : ) Right.

Comments

  1. Are you my husband?! He loooves himself some kitchen gadgets!! I guess I do, too, but I'm like you--it's rare to find me in the kitchen. However, I have an adorable apron and cute serving dishes *just* in case!

    Anyway, I wanted to say a big THANKS for sending me the link to the bird mirror giveaway. Here's hoping my luck continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    So glad you and Tommy came to the show! Thanks for the posts. We're getting 18, yes, EIGHTEEN more orders in this week so all the gadgetistas need to come see us!
    XOXOX
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts