Destination....

So, we finally made a decision! I appreciate all of your comments, too! I love getting vacation ideas. Our next vacation will be to....drum roll:

Boston! Okay, in Boston's defense, I am sure it is a lovely place. My last trip there was July 2002. I am sure it would have been great if there had been air conditioning where we stayed. But there wasn't. And it was 95 degrees. It just didn't leave me with a great vibe. I am sure it isn't the city's fault. (I did love Maine, however, which we visited on that trip. Though, now that I think about it, it was air conditioned.)

I am most looking forward to Cape Cod:
Martha's Vineyard:
And Rhode Island:

I wonder if I will see anyone famous. (Many vacations have been spent wondering who I will run into that is famous. Yeah, no one so far.)

Too bad I have to wait until this fall....Southwest's specials only included travel after Labor Day. In the meantime, maybe I will cash in on that "trip on a tankful" that Tommy was offering.

So, if you guys have been to Rhode Island, Connecticut or Massachusetts, fill me in on your favorites!

Comments

  1. I took my family there last summer, it was fantastic. We stayed most of the time on Cape Cod.
    We stayed mid-cape in a small rental cottage. If you are interested, email me and I will give you details.
    We went on a whale watching trip from Provincetown, hiked to the dunes in close to there to see the summer cabins that are isolated and part of a writer's colony. We took the ferry to MV and endured a hail storm that turned into a beautiful day.
    We made our way up to Boston via Plymouth Rock. Go to the Plimoth Plantation if you are interested in History. In Boston we walked the freedom trail in a tour, very cool. The graveyards especially. We also went to a Red Sox game, you have to do that! We ended our stay watching 4th of July fireworks on the banks of the Charles River. Great time.
    Email me at marty@martycoleman.com if you want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! My sister loved living there, so if you want any suggestions let me know. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cape, Martha's Vineyard, and Newport are all excellent choices. We go all the time and love every minute of it! And actually coming after Labor Day will eliminate a lot of the traffic issues for you - just trying to put a positive spin on your wait! Definitely bring a jacket for the evenings. You'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Boston! My dad lived there while I was in college. Go to Dolce Vita for dinner. Tell Franco the owner you are friends with the Morris family. Trust me on this one! It will be one of the highlights of your trip if you do! Love that place! http://dolcevitaristorante.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts