Christmas Carols

Last week at work we had school kids come in and sing carols for the office and you would be so proud...I didn't cry. (I have some strange pavlovian response to children singing live carols -- tears, everywhere. It actually has not happened in years, but I was in Borders about three weeks ago with my sister and I was crying in the store like a freaking crazy person. I was actually laughing and crying at the same time because it was so absolutely ridiculous. Think sunshine in the rain.)

Anyway, the kids who came in to sing, sang the most catchy Christmas tune I have ever heard, "Children, go where I send thee." When searching for this song on You Tube, it is apparently very popular. I guess 12 years of Catholic school does not teach you gospel music. I searched for probably 30 minutes to bring you guys the perfect rendition of this song, but this will have to do. I am sure the rest of you have already heard this.



I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Baby, it's cold outside. Especially, when they sing in the movie Elf. I also cried the first time I watched this movie. Tommy still makes fun of me. I think there is something wrong with me.



My third favorite modern Christmas song is My Grown up Christmas List. I love it when Michael Buble sings it. However, You Tube doesn't have a version with him, so Kelly Clarkson will have to do.

I also love anything Carpenter's, O Holy Night, and I have always thought the Little Drummer Boy was very sweet to play for Baby Jesus. What favorites am I missing?

Comments

  1. I'm totally with you on the children singing = sobbing wreck. :)

    Love Elf!
    "He's an angry little elf, isn't he!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend recently gave me a new one by Amy Grant - "I Need a Silent Night"....it's my new holiday favorite this year!

    Love your selections by the way!

    love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about the common thread being "Things That Rock"...seems to work for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts