2010 - coming very soon

What are you doing New Year’s, New Year’s Eve? Well, out of a 1000 invitations we received….we will be totally lame. However, for those of you that are more exciting and ambitious, here are some fun party ideas for you!

Real Simple has some fun playing cards for party goers. You can download these New Year Playing Cards and have guests finish the sentences. Then, gather all the cards, read them out loud and guess who wrote what. Some samples are:

"The bad habit I want to kick this year is ―――." "The good deed I want to do this year is ―――." "The person I want to be more like this year is ―――." "The skill I want to learn this year is ―――."

I love these streamers (Martha, of course). They are just made with leftover holiday paper. For those of us who have cricuts, these would be very simple to make. For those of you who don’t want to make that kind of investment on a New Year’s party, you can get circle cut outs at Michaels.
Centerpiece-wise, this idea from Martha Stewart looks classy and easy enough.
Get festive with your coasters! A set of 8 from Lucky Bee Press will surely entertain your guests. I only wish I had thought of this.

And, since we are getting pretty close and you may not have time to order…check out this printable partyware from PlatesAndNapkins on Etsy (and only $15).

This printable party includes patterns & instructions for the following party supplies:
-Invitation
-Envelope
-Napkin Ring
-Candle Wrap
-Wine Glass Tag
-Hot Cold Cup Wrapper
-Bottle Tag
-Cupcake Pick
-Cupcake Wrapper
-Candy Bar Wrapper
-Snack Tray As for Tommy and I, our New Year's will be much more tame (and not nearly as fun) as last year's party at the Scott's house. There will be definitely less dancing and karaokeing for sure. I do think we might try somewhere new for dinner, so I will give a full review Friday.

Comments

  1. Katie, I think we are just going out for dinner too. I'm totally fine with have a tamer NYE this year. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be celebrating with my parents this year to make up for missing Christmas due to the snowstorm. Thanks for the heads up on the fill in the blank cards from Real Simple. I think I'll head over and print those out now.

    PS - Visiting you from Tip Junkie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute ideas. Thanks for sharing. Our New Year's will be tamer too but we are going out to dinner with my daughter and her husband. She flew in for Christmas and he is driving here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us too! Although I will really miss Tommy's karaoke. It's a real treat! Where are you guys going for dinner? We should make it a double date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts