Tonight I bring you...

Seriously, I have gone through every single blog I subscribe to (which is ALOT) and have really nothing of interest for you. So....I will fill you in on my dinner. Exciting. I know.


The good news is I have successfully gone through an entire month and have not broken my New Year's resolutions. (One of which was cooking at least one homemade meal a month. I am just a regular Suzy Homemaker here.) Now I have not exactly made the entire meal all at once. I have made a homemade side item here, an actual main dish there and threw in a dessert here and there (I am totally counting Betty Crocker as "homemade." It took effort, so it counts.) But it's my resolution and my blog, so I am going to say I have firmly stuck to my resolutions.

Tonight I made my first main dish. Cheesey Chicken Muffins from Living Locurto.
They were really good and got rave reviews from the judges my husband. As far as easiness goes, I was able to create them. So I will give it an A. I am not 100% proficient in the kitchen, so I am sure this would take the rest of the world only minutes to prep...I think it took me about 30. (However, I was also trying to work on a side dish and dessert at the same time. I was VERY ambitious tonight. And hungry. Don't worry, these were dishes of minimal effort - one was steamed cauliflower, which I had to google how to steam fresh cauliflower. Yes, I told you, I am not proficient in the kitchen. In case you were wondering, my dessert was boxed lemon squares. Exciting, I know.)

Anyway, I would definitely recommend trying this. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

•1 can Pillsbury dough (I used the kind that you have to cut- you can use Crescent Rolls or Puff Pastry as well)
•1-2 cups Shredded Chicken (I used an already cooked rotisserie chicken)
•3/4 cup Cream Cheese
•1 tablespoon Dried or Fresh Chopped Onion (optional)
•1/2 Tablespoon Finely Diced Red Pepper
•2 Tablespoons Milk
•1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
•Salt & Pepper to Taste
•1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
3.Cut dough into squares and place in muffin tin that has been covered with cooking spray.
4.Put a large spoonful of mixture inside and seal by twisting the top shut.
5.Spray or brush with butter sprinkle parmesan cheese and thyme on top.
6.Bake for 20 minutes.

Comments

  1. These look yummy! Way to go. I personally popped a frozen pizza in the oven and called it a night.

    I did a similar recipe once with breakfast stuff.. you put eggs and bacon pieces in the dough. Aaaannnnd.. they were ok. Nothing to write home about. At least my version. On tv, they looked fantastic. Big suprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    I am so impressed!! That looks like a great dish. I think I have all the ingredients to try that tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! That sure beats the good ol' Velveeta Shells and Chesse I whipped up... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool, almost like mini pot pies!
    They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great! Will totally try them out here - thanks for sharing the recipe! And by the way, we use an electric 2-tier vegetable steamer over here at Casa DeFatta!!! Like I said, Queen Lazy here doesn't like to work too hard - those are GREAT small appliances for about $40 - you just chop up your fresh veggies and throw them in, add the water to the bottom, and in about 15-20 minutes have fresh steamed veggies! Since we've been married almost 12 years, we did have to replace the one we originally received as a wedding gift about 6 years into the marriage - but we do use it at least 4-5 times a week! Can't wait to try those muffins/meals! love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm...those look good! i might have to try them. though i am nervous about the fill & seal portion of making them...that never seems to go well for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts