Friends Fave Things Part 2

My cousin, Jennifer, is the most loyal blog reader/commenter I have. (Next to you, Aunt Angie.) Well, she also has some really great things on her Christmas list that I must share with you all for your holiday gift giving season.

Remember when I said I would not mention all the books I loved because it would take up nine posts? Luckily, Jennifer brought them up. If you like a beach read no matter what season it is, you will love any book by Jen Lancaster. Start with this one, Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a condescending, ego maniacal, self-centered, smart ass or why you should never carry a Prada bag to the unemployment office.

I am always looking for a new show for Tommy and I to watch together, so I love Jennifer's suggestion of Entourage. For some reason, 4 primetime hours an evening of HGTV doesn't do it for him.

Also on Jennifer's wish list are these tall Ugg Boots. Love them! Do you think someone who is 5'0" could pull these off? (That would be me. Not Jennifer.)


Change of direction...I want to help you all shop for your inlaws. Specifically, the men in our lives. Are they not impossible? Since I am oh-so-creative, I am getting my 2 brother-in-laws and father-in-law they exact same thing - an instant marinater. I have no idea if this thing works, but it sounds pretty cool. Besides, I have always thought the whole "hours to marinate" thing is pretty ridiculous. Who plans their dinner that far in advance? (Clearly, not me. That could be why we have a meal-in-a-bag about 3 times a week...)


And for you Tulsans, if you have inlaws who have a long history in Tulsa, you might consider getting them copies of Jack Frank's documentaries. I am getting my father-in-law and Tommy's grandma copies of all the past films and this year's new film, Tulsa A to Z.



More gift ideas soon!

Comments

  1. Hi, Katie,
    I'm enjoying your blogs on favorite things. I'm glad you know that I am a very faithful reader of your blog, but I have not had a chance to list favorite things. (Anyway, I don't think your young readers would be interested in a senior citizen's favorite things!!) Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Jen Lancaster's books. She is very witty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out (second verse!) Katie! And by the way, since I am only 5 ft 3 inches (and apparently shrinking every day to hear the doctors tell me, with osteoperosis looming in my future from my Diet Coke addiction!!) - my point being....you can totally pull off the UGG boots! They really are not that "tall", and they also make a shorter version if you weren't comfortable with that one. I must say, I thought they were just a celebrity obsession, until I tried them on last year in a post-Xmas splurge. Had to buy them and I have LOVED my brown ones! They are so comfy and warm...great for cool weather!
    And, I think your cuz Dwayne needs an instant marinator! Where do I sign up for one of those goodies?? I'm also getting him a collegiate (Texas Aggies, of course) grill cover from Academy. So, apparently it will be a BBQ xmas for him! ha!
    Thanks, and keep blogging - I love your blog! love, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty in Plaid is a great Jen Lancaster read. I'll be sure to read Bitter is the New Black soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so I'm using the marinator idea! Love it!!! Thanks for shopping for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE Jen Lancaster, her blog is as delicious tp read as her books. Hey, I'm only 3 inches taller and I rock my Tall Uggs like no ones business - put'em on your list girl, you will LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts