Books, Books and More Books

One of my top favorite things in the whole world is to go to the bookstore and walk around. Then, I immediately come home and buy everything I want off of Amazon! ; ) I love the experience but love a deal more. For Christmas I received several new books that I want to share. I am currently very into the consumer behavior genre of books. I love to understand people and why they do and buy certain things. So, you will notice a theme.

Also, I will be creating an amazon store, which I will feature on my site that will carry my recommended products that they sell. So, when you have a gift you might check my site for recommendations! I will be adding to it throughout the year as I discover new things but I love the idea that I can showcase many of the items I blog about in my very own "store." Fun! More on that soon.

It was a Malcolm Gladwell Christmas for me. I received 3 of his books.

Outliers: The Story of Success - The book is about why some people are successful at their craft and others are not. The book describes how it is not so much talent that differentiates those that are considered successful from the average person. It is the amount of time put into their passion and how much time they spend honing their skill. Interesting.
I also received The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking. Both books focus on human behavior and intuition.


I mentioned in an earlier post the book Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive , which I absolutely loved. Well, Tommy got me another book by the author called Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (Collins Business Essentials). I started reading this book first and I absolutely love it. It goes into all of the information from the Yes book in greater detail and it is a great refresher. It is so good!



The last book I received was recommended by a girl in my Entrepreneur group. She went to product design school at Stanford and the author of this book The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America's Leading Design Firmwas her instructor. (How cool is that??) Anyway, the cool thing is that many of our innovative products like the palm pilot, the apple mouse, etc... come from workers at IDEO. Since one of my life goals is to invent something, I think this will be a good start since I have no idea where to begin!
Anyone want to start a book club?

Comments

Popular Posts