Great Personalized Gift

A few months ago at my entrepreneur group meeting, one of the girl's in my group was talking about a personalized cookbook that she made. Um, hello, why had I never thought of that??? She referred me to the site www.createmycookbook.com where you can customize and create your own cookbook. It is super easy and I am really pleased with the final product.

My dad loved to cook and I knew he kept every recipe on my parent's home computer, so for Christmas I wanted to surprise my mom and sister with a cookbook with all of my dad's recipes. While going through them, I found many had been passed down for generations and new ones too. So, I decided to name the book Memories Around the Table. The front and back cover is a huge picture of my dad's entire extended family on his mother's side. (Right, Aunt Angie?) My dad was just a baby in this picture and you can barely see him. He is behind the woman in the dark shirt on the front row (my grandmother) on his dad's shoulder.


This is the cover picture in its entirety. I had it wrap around the book to be the front and back cover.

You can customize the book to be hard bound or spiral (I chose spiral because it would get here before Christmas) and you can include up to 100 pages of content.


You can also include pictures throughout the book. I have some pictures of food and other pictures throughout the book of people cooking. They do have stock photos that you can use for graphical images of food too.




I think this would make an awesome gift for any cook in your life!

Comments

  1. You are right, Katie, about the Provenza family photo on the cover of your book. The photo includes Grandmother Provenza and her eleven children and their families. You did a fantastic job on this cookbook. Uncle David loaned me his copy (since mine has not yet arrived), and I have been showing it to everyone during the holidays. Everyone loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie what a great idea - I have always wanted to put my mom and other's recipes into a book - maybe one of these days I will do it and share as gifts. thanks for the idea! I'm sure your family absolutely loves it! Love-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - what a great idea! That is a fantastic cookbook, and what a lovely tribute to your sweet dad. Also, such a nice family heirloom you have now created for your own family. Thanks for a great idea (as always....you are so creative!) and thanks for sharing! Hope you had very happy holidays and we missed seeing you at the Fuller House dedication. love, jennifer & dwayne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts