Most Improved Dancer


There are a few things in life that I just LOVE. And, if I love something I tell the world about it. I am a marketers dream. Target and Southwest Airlines must love me. I absolutely love them and am very, very loyal. The funny part is that I try to avoid even having interaction with anyone who works at either place so that the chance that they upset me (disclaimer--I don't get upset easily...I promise) is drastically reduced. I am not kidding either. That is how much I want to continue to use them.

That leads me to my other love--Zumba. For those of you who knew me in college, dancing is not my strong point. I am bad and bless my sister's heart, she does not have the dancing gene either. (Love you Al--you have improved dramatically since your hiphop class!!) But, about 2 years ago, I started taking Zumba at the Y. Basically, it is a salsa aerobics. I am crazy about it. I dance at work, I dance at home, I dance at the gym. I have sooooo dramatically improved my dancing abilities since taking Zumba that I could do a before and after and people would not even know it is the same person dancing.

The reason why Zumba is so fun is summed up in their tag line - "Ditch the Workout, Join the Party." The music is fabulous, the workout is so fun---but, you sweat your butt off. The songs are each about 5 minutes long and they go from really fast to moderate, so that your intensity level goes up and down and you don't get burnt out. It took me about three times to "get it." Now, I can do every dance (except one super complicated jazz one....) with no problem. I have finally gotten my hips, butt and arms to move in a fluid motion, instead of looking like Elaine Bennis times 20. And, it is so addictive that the same people come to class week after week that it is impossible not to make new friends if you stick with it.

For more information on Zumba in Tulsa go to: http://www.zumbaok.com/ I take with Priscilla at TU during the school year and Chris Beck at the Thornton Y year round. Both teachers are awesome and a blast to work out with.

Comments

Popular Posts