Valentine's Day Wreath

My sister and I set out on a crafting expedition this week. I actually am kind of impressed with myself -- I used a needle and thread. I usually send my clothes over to my mother-in-law to sew buttons back on. I may actually have to do this myself now since I admitted I can in fact sew something on a public forum.


Here are the supplies: foam wreath, scrap fabric and ribbon. Please note, this takes a LOT more than the amount of ribbon shown. (I will be spotlighting my sister's wreath, as I am at least two rolls short and all Hobby Lobby's appear to be out. Great.)

So, we just took the ribbon, secured it to the back of the foam with straight pins and wrapped around the form.


Look how cute even with no embelishments! I wish I would have done this for Olivia's birthday party. It would have been so adorable.

Next, Allison (who has also never sewn a day in her life) had happened to get a tutorial from her mother-in-law on how to make rosettes. It is actually not too hard, though, mine are far from lovely. (I would recommend googling how to make rosettes. I promise my description would be of little to no help.)

I definitely couldn't sell my wreath for cash. Nor could I take pictures for a living.

But I think it turned out pretty cute!


Well, Allison's did. Mine is still sitting on my table like so:

Comments

  1. Love that idea...I might have to get crazy and make a wreath this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I have been looking for something fun for my front door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea! I think I might have to try that out... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good in person, too! Such a fun idea...you two are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Sister crafting days are the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I don't even own a sewing machine but the rosettes are sweet! I'm on the hunt for a really skinny headband with a simple vintage-looking rosette for the baby...you could go into business!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you crafty!!! And also ahead of the game (in my book!) on the VDay decorations! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love them!! so adorable!! good job katie and al

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two sisters are so clever and crafty!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts