For those of us who could never be on Chopped


For years (okay, make that months...because this cooking thing is still in its infancy) I have been wanting a website where I look in my fridge/freezer, see what I have on hand, type it into the computer and then it spits out a recipe based on what I already have.

That going to the grocery store with a list thing is for the birds. I mean, do people really plan ahead like that??? (Obvs they do...I happened to run into my sister last Sunday at Target and she had an entire recipe for Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili, which I totally stole from her and made it that night. It was actually really good and I thought to myself, "self, why don't you bring a list to the grocery store?" Side note: Target now sells ground chicken meat. I have been looking for this for.ever.)

Well, someone must have been in the same boat as me because I came across the website Supercook yesterday. It is what I described exactly above. You look through your fridge, put your ingredients in and it spits out a recipe.

Now, I'll be honest, I haven't tried this yet. I only came across it yesterday (and my dinner last night consisted of popcorn, a cheese assortment and mac & cheese...clearly, I could have used this.) But I predict great things.

Comments

  1. I am super excited about this....I was wishing something like this existed...I also look in my kitchen and just know that I could make something...but can never figure it out :) Thanks for the find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kraftfoods.com has something similar as well. You can enter up to three ingredients and it will put together a recipe for you. I use it all the time and excited to try this new one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a GREAT idea! And I'm super impressed that your made that chicken chili! Every time I think I'm going to plan ahead and pick up ingredients for a specific recipe, I realize my grocery list (and bill!) has doubled, so I chuck it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I was JUST saying this to my husband. I am going to be an addict. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Buffalo Chicken Chilli does sound pretty good. :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. this.sounds.amazing.
    can't wait to check it out!

    I'm with you...I had cocoa krispies and wine for dinner last night (my husband was working), haha, so what do I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I was lurking on your blog this morning! I am getting ready to write our newsletter and send it out and I am going to feature this website! You're the best! You always find the unique sites. I'm going to mention your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts