My future child may not go to college...

but at least I will be able to sleep at night.

So after a full two weekends of looking, maybe one sleepless night and pretty much over thinking where I was going to lay my head each evening, we decided on the Pottery Barn Hudson. It was like one of those things that you can't get out of your head and I kept comparing every bed to this one. Basically, amortized over the next 20 years it is less than one night at a hotel. Well, when you put it that way...


Seriously, it is a really pretty bed. I kind of have a crush on it.

One of the reasons why I struggled so much with this decision is because my friend Addie (who has the best taste ever and is so great at design) sent me this DIY headboard from HGTV and I fell in love with it too.

Then, I was talking to another friend telling her about my HUGE dilemma (that was written in my sarcastic font) and she asked me why I didn't just do this in my guest room. Um, have you seen my guest room? If you did, you might not notice there is a bed since the walls are tan as is the comforter. So I decided this would be PERFECT for that room! Addie, will you still help me???

This weekend I will be on a quest for a new mattress, comforter, side tables and wall color! I will post more about the room soon. Any recommendations in any of these areas are welcome. (That was written in my begging font.)

In other news, I wanted to tell you about two of my new favorite blogs:

Hollywood Housewife: My friend Kelsey was sorority sisters with her and she is currently writing about how she met her husband. Think the Pioneer Woman's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, only reversed. I am loving it!

Copy Cat Chic: Blog reader Kimberly told me about this blog in the comments on the previous post about the never ending bed saga and y'all, this blog is great!!! Basically, she will show you a high-end piece from a store like PB and tell you where you can get a very similar (sometimes exactly the same) item.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the blog for the Copy Cat. I can't wait to check that out. And I love the headboard. We have such high ceilings, that something like that would look great in our room. By the way, I love the monogrammed pillowcases in the photo. Did you also get these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. luvvvvvvv the new bed katie, great choice!!! omg lauras love story is soooo fun! kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet shout out! =) I love the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Pottery Barn bed, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you went with what you really wanted! So exciting! We've been wanting a PB bed for a while so when it comes time I may be asking you how yours is holding up! (I'll need a push to buy it too! ) enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The PB bed is gorgeous! I hope the guest bedroom headboard works out. I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, sometimes you just gotta splurge!!! :)
    It'll last forever, won't go out of style = totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww so sweet! Of course I'll help. So sorry that I just saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm late on this, but thanks so much for the link!

    I think you made a good decision for the beds. The Pottery Barn one will last for years and never go out of style. I love the DIY headboard, too. But a guest room sometimes changes and morphs so it's fun to do something riskier in there. I hope you post pictures when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts