Shoe Shopping

Tonight I busted out my sneakers that are not quite athletic shoes, but still not cute little flats. According to Zappos, this is apparently the genre called Athleisure. Pretty sure they coined this term. Anyway, my Athleisure shoes have seen their better day. And while I am kind of embarassed to tell you this...I will. My favorite pair of Athleisure shoes are at least 5 years old because I am pretty sure Tommy bought them for me for my birthday before we were married. We got married 4 years ago in June and my birthday is October. I won't make you do the math, but take it from me -- I have had these shoes at least five years. I am just keepin it real.

So, now I am on the hunt for another pair of black/grey/neutral Athleisure shoes. (Do you love how I have taken Athleisure and run with it? No pun intended.)

Shopping on Nordstrom.com I came across these. I love the shape/color/laces, but not sure I can get over the Coach logo thing. I love Coach as much as the next person, but is wearing the logo on your feet too much?
I think Puma's are so cute. I also love the little turquoise.

These kind of have the whole Coach lace thing going on.


Don't judge, but I am pretty sure these are Clarks. They may be too dark, but I can only imagine how comfortable.
My goal-new shoes this weekend. I need your advice. Let me know which pair is your favorite. This is my promise to you, I will not wear these for five straight years. (In my defense, I usually wear heals.)

Comments

  1. I like the Pumas first and then the Clarks. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My athleisure shoes are about 5 years old too and I was about to start shopping for some new ones :) Thanks for the ideas...and, I love the pumas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 2 pumas! So cute.. the Clarks remind me a little of work shoes they require you to wear at a restaurant due to the fact they are all black (just trying to be helpful) However I do own a pair of Clarks or born shoes and they are super comfy! Love you! Al

    ReplyDelete
  4. Either of the Puma's will get my vote.
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I own the pumas with the turquoise accents and although very cute, they are not so comfortable. There is no support or cushion in the sole making for sore feet after a day of running errands! The other pumas look like they may be a little cushier (word?) and are also very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pumas with the turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go with the Pumas, they are the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for the Pumas. They look super cute! I have quite a few pairs of shoes that are more than 5 years old. I have a hard time getting rid of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the 2nd Pumas! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heart Pumas! Agreed- not always the most comfy for wearing all day and night, but are you really going to be doing that??

    Also, totally agree with Allison on the Clark shoes.. my first thought was housekeeper or waitstaff.. I suppose if you don't pair them with black polyester pants you would be safe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both pumas. I have one more suggestion. I have these and they are super comfy and cute!

    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/new+balance+women%27s+cw442+lace+up?prodId=164038&category=dsw12cat460004

    ~Amy H

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like either pare of Pumas. But I also like these:
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7165607/color/135987

    Just found your blog! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have coach shoes but they have more patent on them than the logo. I don't wear them as much any more but they're a good neutral, go to shoe if I'm scrambling for something to wear on games and my toms just aren't doin' it.

    I love love love the pumas. Especially the grey ones! Those "laces" are great! I bet pumas are more comfortable than coach ones. But I guess you won't know until you try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'd lean toward the Pumas. Have you shopped your local TJMaxx or Marshall's yet?? I have often found some pretty cool-looking "Athleisure" shoes there and of course, always at great prices! Also, wanted to see if you were going to try some Ugg boots this Fall/Winter :)!! Let us know what you find! love,Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Pumas! Sketchers also make some good Athleisure shoes - I have several pairs. Yay for new shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there! I am not sure what brand/style your previous Athlesiure shoes are/were, but you should definitely buy the New Balance 44...something. They are not the tennis shoes, but the athleisure shoes. I love them, and they are super comfortable, and they come in multiple colors. My sister has them in gray, brown and turquoise. She had to order the turquoise off the internet. You can get them at like Shoe Carnival for 50-65 bucks. I love them! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, another post by me. I have the gray, I forgot to mention that. YOu might also look into Deisels. They are UBER comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts