Flashback Friday...or Saturday

I don't know why this idea just came to me...but -- hello -- I had a life pre-blogging (2007 and prior) and as you bloggers know...content is hard to come by. How about just throw out some of my more fun moments from my life pre-blog onto a page? This is so ridiculously obvious that I don't know why I didn't think of this before. *sigh*

Anyway, I kind of didn't come up with this idea on my own. I was looking at the blog of Southern Champagne Wishes and she posted pics of swimming with dolphins. And I thought to myself, "self, you have swam with dolphins. I am sure the world is dying to know that."

So, here are pics of Tommy and I swimming with dolphins:

The ghetto quality is due to the fact that:

1- These were taken on our honeymoon in 2006

2- I took a picture of a picture way back then to make these "digital." *Pat on the back for me being oh-so-clever.* (Just work with me. I am kind of on a roll today.)

This was on the top of my life dream list. Unlike going to see Oprah, which was totally disappointing, this was the.most.fun.ever. The dolphins were so amazing and I would highly, highly recommend it. You got pet them and swim on their dorsal fin and it was just an amazing experience.

Life dream fulfilled #2 was horseback riding on the beach. Tommy and I went on a cruise for our 1st anniversary and we did this excursion in Jamaica. I'll be honest, I almost didn't go because Jamaica is S.C.A.R.Y. However, once we got out of the port, it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

We actually got to take the horses in the water. And it was sooooo fabIt was like riding a jet ski, only it was a horse. I will spare you the details of the horse "going to the bathroom" in the water. That part, not so much. Other than that, total blast.
Hope you guys have a great Labor Day weekend. I ♥ this weather. Today on my agenda: pedicure, shopping and happy hour on my patio. Love the fall!!!!

Comments

  1. So fun!! I totally want to ride horses on the beach...J says it is a no go. Maybe the precious pic of you and T will convince him it is muy importante! Here's hoping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, totally great idea with the blast from the past- way to go Katie's Self!
    I'm dying to go horseback riding on the beach- totally jealous. You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Tommy are very cute!!! I learn something new about you every day on your blog!!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your horseback riding on the beach was a much better experience than mine. I went in Cancun and it started pouring down rain. Hard, painful rain! The tour guides then gave us disgusting smelling ponchos - it was a miserable experience! I know I will never get AB to it so that was my only shot :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamaica is beyond scary!! t was the first port on our honeymoon and let me tell you, if someone even says "Braid your hair, pretty girl" within 50 feet of me, I might pee myself. Besides the cruise people TOLD us "Don't take anything of value because you will get mugged" and "People are going to sell you drugs" I was opting to stay on the ship and feed the seagulls all the BLT's Carnival would bring me before giving me the side-eye. Luke, however, decided it would be more fun to "rent a car for a few hours to take on a private tour" instead. I swear, the car actually SHOOK when it was stopped because the AC was on. That, or it could have been someone in the trunk. Who's to say?

    Never again. Never, never again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts