Easy Meals....really easy meals

I did not get the cooking gene in my family. My sister did. She loves to cook and is so good at it. I on the other hand, go to the grocery store and buy exotic ingredients with high hopes of cooking awesome things about once a year. Those items are still in my pantry. (When did I ever think I was going to make something with coconut milk???)

On top of that I am super picky. (I would like to say I have a sophisticated palate.) Oh, and I don't eat red meat or pork and I "try" to eat healthy. So....that makes an easy meal even harder. But, for those of you who would rather watch reality tv and catch up on your blogs than cook a lovely meal, this is the post for you. My cooking consists of taking items out of a bag/box and literally putting them in the oven or skillet. But, since I love a good find, I do have a couple for you!

First things, first. Bertolli, frozen meals = Awesome. Literally put it in a skillet, 8 minutes later -done. My favorite is the shrimp, asparagus and penne because it is only 380 calories per serving and there are two servings per bag. Delish. It will not disappoint.


I am lucky because Tommy will eat whatever. (Tommy is lucky because he doesn't cook and would never eat if he was picky.) But, I LOVE Morning Star Veggie burgers. Put down the Boca brand, do not go near them. If you are going to do veggie get these.

And, because I am lazy I will heat the oven up to 425 and put veggie burgers in the oven the same time as the fries. Never had a problem.
If you guys are not buying frozen fries, you must. Ore Ida's fast food fries rival McDonald's. They are that good. Pop them in the oven and pull both your burger and fries out at the same time. That easy. I almost embarrassed to admit this...but since I am keepin it real, I even cover my pan with tin foil so I don't have to wash it.
For those of you that love sweet potato fries, Walmart makes awesome ones. And, their season fries are fab too. These stuffed chicken breasts are really good. I usually pair them with steamed broccoli (don't worry, I get that in a bag too.) Oh, just don't have guests over after this -- it is super good but your house smells like steamed broccoli.


If you have not tried a Taste of Thai you are soooo missing out. Just add water and it's 100 times better than easy mac. And, a portion of the proceeds goes to saving turtles in Asia. I love food you can feel good about.

My last fave is chicken parmesan from Walmart. It comes as a set. But, do not eat the pasta or sauce. It reminds me of school lunch. Just use your usual pasta and sauce you would typically make. But, the chicken is really good and it bakes up in about 30 minutes.

Let me know if you guys have any other easy food that I am missing out on. See how easy cooking can be!

Comments

  1. No shame in putting foil on a pan......I do it all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bertolli meals too!! Here is a link to my fave Chinese in a box...just add chicken! Easy and delish :)

    http://www.wanchaiferry.com/

    Thanks for sharing some easy, go-to meals. Always great to have more of those!

    Emily B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy meals rock! Thanks for the tips! Also, if you want to continue your "world's best aunt" title, look for the Ore Ida "ABC Tator Tots"...the preschool/toddler set think they are awesome! (I realize the Max and Allison's baby are a little young for this, but never too early to start on their learning, right???) I will definitely give the Bertoli a try! I ALWAYS coat the pans with foil so I don't have to wash - it's not lazy, it's efficiency... love, jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts