Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Go-To Appetizer

As you guys know, cooking isn't really my thing. However, I have one go-to appetizer that I always bring to parties that gets rave reviews - bruschetta. I searched my pictures and it seems that it isn't exactly something I have photographed at said parties, so this is as close as it gets.

The bruschetta is on the far left. Yeah...I know this is a stretch. :)

Of course, the recipe is very, very easy. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too. This recipe was adapted from this one from Kraft foods. So I am not that original. :)


Chop 8-10 roma tomatoes and put them in a bowl

Create the Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing according to the directions on the packet. (I use a Good Seasons Cruet that I bought on the salad dressing aisle.) As a side note, I also make my dressing with the low-fat directions on the packet. It basically is substituting half of the oil with water.

In the cruet add about 2-4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.

Pour over the tomatoes and top with more grated parmesan. I usually use most of the dressing, but probably have enough left over for two small side salads.

If you have no idea what I am talking about when I say "packet of dressing," here is an image. The packets are usually on a high shelf on the salad dressing aisle.

Since I am too lazy to bake baguette slicess (and honestly, they can get soggy in transport), I buy boxes of Old London Melba Snacks. They work perfectly. Maybe even better than a baguette.
Thanks also to Lindsey for reminding me to post this! Hope you guys enjoy!


  1. That sounds delish. I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

  2. Yay! I've been waiting for this! :)

    Also, that purple couch. UG! Not at all what I pictured when you said that lol. A specific taste for sure!

  3. Yum! And you can't go wrong with Melba toast:)

  4. Congrats at winning the Sprinkles Cupcakes on Maddycakes!!!!!

  5. LOVED your bruschetta!! I may have a pic somewhere :) I still need to post those pics!

  6. yum! I've never made bruschetta before, but love it! This is on my list for Christmas break! Thanks for sharing!!


Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity