All About Me (as though you were really interested) Christmas Edition
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE!! Egg nog = digusting. It is like drinking Egg Beaters. Eek!
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Definitely wrapped.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? White. I think they look so sophisticated.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I blame this on the dogs. I think it is poisonous. (This is really just me being too lazy to go find another thing to put up around the house.)
5. When do you put up your decorations? Always after Thanksgiving. This year I put them up the Friday after. One day I will take pictures for you guys.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love jello pretzel salad and sweet potato casserole.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We had great Christmases when we were kids. My mom (and dad...but I think my mom gets most of the credit here) always made it very special. Every Christmas morning she would take FOREVER to get ready, put in her contacts, brush her teeth, etc. to build the suspense.
All of my presents are still memorable: my first phone (a Swatch one, of course, where your friend could pick up the base and listen) and phone line in my room, my bike, my barbie car and ice cream shop (these were not all the same Christmas...I am pretty sure I was over Barbie by the time I got my phone). Christmas was so magical as a kid.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I just asked. I honestly do not remember.
My sister’s story is so much cuter, though. (She hates this story and is soooo going to kill me.) I remember her asking my dad if there was such a thing as Santa. My dad told her that there was a St. Nicholas and a whole story surrounding that. Basically, he wanted to let her down easy.
Later I was talking to my sister, who was very bummed, that I found out about Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny when I was in 2nd grade. Allison was crushed and looked at me and said, “You mean there is no Easter Bunny?” Later, she went up to my mom and asked, “there is a Jesus, right?” My mother then told her of course there was. And then realized her question wasn’t so ridiculous. She had taken her to church for all of her life...along with seeing Santa and the Easter Bunny.
All that said, there will definitely be Santa in my house. I loved it!
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? We may open one on Christmas Eve. Some years yes, some no.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? My mom (and Aunt Angie) collect Hallmark ornaments. I have a ton of hand me downs and I feel like my tree has a lot of personality. Tommy and I also try to buy an ornament on every trip we take and it is so fun to put them up on the tree and remember our vacations. I also have a whole stash of Starbucks ornaments. I will share later.
11. Snow! Love or Dread it? I like it.
12. Can you ice skate? It has been decades. But I am sure it is like riding a bike. ; )
13. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Love, love, love giving gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Baby, It’s Cold Outside and, I hate to admit this, but I kind of love Michael Buble’s Grown Up Christmas Wish.
20. Candy Canes? Blech, but I do like peppermint flavored things like cocoa, ice cream, etc.
21 – Favorite Christmas Movie – Elf!
Do share your favorites!