34 Week Bumpdate

34-weeks

How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: It was 17 pounds when I was weighed at the hospital when I did my pre-admission. 10 minutes later the doctor weighed me in at 21 pounds. I am going to go with 17. :) The hospital has to be more accurate, right?

Gender: It’s a girl!

Movement: I think the baby loves music! Every time I have on the Black Eyed Peas or LMFAO (I have a very refined tasted in music) she is dancing. That or she really hates what I am listening to!

Sleep: Last night I was up every two hours to go the restroom, but I am able to fall back asleep very easily. Last week I was soooooo tired in the evenings, which I have been lucky enough to avoid thus far.

Maternity Clothes: Basically, all maternity except for dresses and a rare top here or there.

Symptoms: While these aren’t symptoms, they are definitely changes:

1- I think I am going to get an outie belly button.

2- My belly has now totally become a crumb catcher. I mean, honestly, did I spill this much before I was pregnant???

Aversions: No great aversions this week. Shrimp still doesn’t sound too appetizing, but nothing sounds just downright gross.

Cravings: Sweets. I had the cravings table at my shower and I can’t stop thinking about puppy chow!!!

Best Moment this week: I had a super eventful week this week – of course, love hearing the baby’s heart beat. Felt good to check the pre-admission to the hospital off my check list.

Loved, loved, loved the sweet shower that I had!

We got tons done on the baby’s room! I am so thankful for my mom and sister. They helped me out soooo much. My mom helped me hang all of the frames, put her large monogram on the wall, and just did a ton.

My sister completely organized her room! Everything is put away, has a spot and is organized. I have her diaper bag partially packed now and you should see my pantry – now there is plenty of room for her bottles, steamer, etc. It feels so nice to be organized.

Sunday we worked all day on her room (got her curtains dyed too, by the way – thanks to my mother-in-law who steamed them today) and went to Babies R Us, Target, and Buy Buy Baby to finish out all of her essentials. Yay!

Still on my “to-do” list is to get her mattress, need to get in her bedding (which may be mid-September) and wash her things, but I definitely feel like I made a ton of progress!

Comments

  1. Here is a handy tip a friend shared with me, you can have her mattress shipped to store to save shipping costs. I was sad that the store didn't have what I wanted in stock. We did that and it was super easy!! You look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You got a lot done this weekend. I need Al to come organize my house...seriously. But then I'd have to keep it up! Can't wait to see the nursery updates. And I'd totally go with the hospital scale too. Much more accurate. Always...except when I left the hospital after giving birth weighing the same amount as I did when I checked in. Darn fluids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking wonderful as always! And I agree with Emily that the hospital is the clear winner there. No question. I can't believe how much you have gotten done!! I can't wait to see how the room is coning along and the obligatory "organized closet" picture showing off all her teeny clothes! Ugh, I could just live every single day looking at babies in footie pajamas. Every.single.day.

    You are almost there!! And what is this business about you commenting on my blog at, like, 2:30 in the morning!?? Tell me it just was a fluke and posted that late. Because hasn't every person you have ever known reminded you to sleep now because
    when the baaaaa-by comes you will never sleep again"?! (Clearly I loved that nugget of information. They obviously didn't know I was planning to baby-ambien my newborn for my own good.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome! Can't wait to see more photos of her room- and sounds like you're in full on nesting mode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these bumpdates. You look fantastic, and I can tell the excitement is building for Emmy's arrival. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so ready!! I can't WAIT to see her room! The countdown is on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous! And I love that she's dancing! Fantastic! :) Cravings table=best idea ever btw. Seriously. I kinda want puppy chow right now and I'm not pregnant. So there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emmy is really growing, and you look adorable!! I can't believe you have gotten so much done, and you are getting so much love and support from Allison, your mom, and your mil. That is so very sweet!! I'm very excited for you and Tommy!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so ahead of me! This seriously stressed me out, I don't even have the closet in our little gal's room cleaned out:). Nor have I gotten around to purchasing any actual essentials..unless metallic shoes and tiny cute moccosins count?! I just need to hit up target on a Saturday and buys everything I need. Can't wait to see her room!

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts