What will baby bee?

So today we found out what our sweet baby’s gender was! I have to say, it was definitely the best surprise I have ever had in my life. I was also shocked! She could tell right away what baby was, so that was so, so fun! I wish I could have taped the moment because I could just relive it again and again. It will definitely be a memory I have forever.

Also, we left feeling very thankful.

We didn’t really tell our parents/family that we were having a baby in a very fun way. So we (let’s be honest, I) wanted to do something fun to share the news. So we threw a gender reveal party tonight. The theme was “What Will Baby Bee?” I wish I had come up with this idea on my own, but alas, I am not that clever.

\

The chocolate cupcakes revealed the baby’s gender!

And since I love the element of suspense, I made everyone wait until after dinner to eat their cupcake :).

Everyone voted for their choice:

The group to the far left up until my sister and Finley are Team Pink and from AB (our tallest guest) on is Team Blue.

And baby is….

If you can’t tell, the center is pink! We are so, so, so excited! Like beyond.

As you can see, Finley knew it would be a girl and was thrilled.

The only pink thing we could find to take a photo with – my sister in law’s bag. Ha!

It really was the best day. I also had several other friends who had good news to share, so it was even more sweet for us! We are so grateful for this little baby and for having so many friends and family to share the news with.  (Sorry for the super cheese post, but it really was an amazing day.)

Comments

  1. Yaaaaaaaa!!!! I had a feeling!! I'm so excited for you Katie, how fun! And what a cute reveal party! :)
    PS. Thanks for finally posting- I have been stalking and refreshing my reader all night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! And I love Finley's face in the photo! Ha! So adorable! Such exciting news and so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! How exciting! We find out our gender tomorrow and I am BEYOND excited to find out!!! :)

    xo-Kelly
    www.belovelynow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! Katie I am SO excited for you!! What an adorable party...can't wait to see her nursery! Congrats friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ekkkkk, sooooooo exciting!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers to you!! Let the shopping begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a baby girl! Cute party and your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Such exciting news! Such a fun party, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEEHHH! A girl - so exciting!! Congrats! I'm so, so happy for you! Oh & super cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for team PINK! Congrats on the baby girl!!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not cheesy at all!! Love all the details! Congratulations on the sweet baby girl!! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Katie!! I loved the moment we found out that Grace was a girl too. I totally remember that moment, and you will cherish it forever. So excited for you and Ann!!!

    Katie Ernzen

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Excited!! Now I can start buying stuff for Baby Girl S :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for a baby girl!! And what a cute idea for the reveal party! I was totally thinking boy....which should have been a clue that it is a girl. I am ALWAYS wrong with that stuff! Don't ever get in line behind me at any given store either; I always pick the WORST one!!

    And that pic of Fin is too, too cute!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe I missed this post. Yay!! So excited, and can't wait to hear more about your sweet little girl. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was my guess! Yay! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the name and see how you decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Girls are so fun! ...and I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. What a roller coaster week for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the party details! YAY for a little girl!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew it! Congrats on your sweet baby girl. Can't wait to see the nursery and hear the name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts