What do you think?

So on Pinterest the other day I saw this:

Frankly, I had no idea what a face primer was.

I did some research (and Yahoo Answers has all the right answers, right?) and found this:

A face primer is one of the best ways to insure your makeup stays on longer. They pamper the skin and create a protective barrier. Primers are excellent for people with combination to oily skin. Just apply after moisturizer and let it sink into the skin for a few minutes, and carry on with your regular foundation routine.

I was still baffled that a high end brand could have the same effect/ingredients as a low-end feminine product (well, I guess they are both feminine products…just used in different places).

So I did some research and found this blog:

http://www.skindeco.net/2009/04/monistat-chafing-gel-vs-smashbox-photo.html

And this article: http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/expert-opinion-monistat-vs-smashbox-foundation-primer-492667.html

So, what did you think? To save $30 could you use chafing gel on your face??? As someone with a background in marketing, I find it fascinating that I would be more likely to pay $36 vs. $6 because of the idea of putting a feminine cream on my face disturbs me even though it shouldn’t. Amazing what branding can do to your subconscious.

Would you be willing to try low-end cream to save some $$? (I cannot bring myself to type the brand name for some reason!! Obviously, I have modesty issues!!!)

Comments

  1. I have used the smashbox version before and love it, but could never bring myself to spend they money on it. I'm all about the free samples at Sephora. :) I read about the other option on a blog once, but wasn't brave enough to try it. I think you should and blog about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use a primer on my face, but love my eyeshadow primer, so maybe I will someday. I think I'd be embarrassed to buy it, but would totally go with the cheapo version first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the SkinDeco review, I think I'm sold. I don't even use foundation primer, but I think I should. You should definitely do a trial test, and let us know if it keeps your pregnancy "glow" under control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on someone's blog once a face primer by the brand Elf for $6 at Target. I don't use face primer, but my mom does (Bare Escentuals from Sephora), so I bought her the Elf brand and she said its just as good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this on a couple of other blogs before, and they swore by it... however, I am totally the same. I am not sure I could bring myself to do it! :-) So I will agree with everyone else, try it and give us a post! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha WOW! I can't say I'd opt for the cheaper either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! Wow, I would NOT have guessed this! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the feminine product as a primer for sure! A friend of mine is a make-up artist and she does Sips & Tips classes and that was one of her #1 tips and I figured if she does it, why can't I?!? It's just embarrassing buying it or if someone sees it in your make-up drawer...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts