What do you think?

So on Pinterest the other day I saw this:

Frankly, I had no idea what a face primer was.

I did some research (and Yahoo Answers has all the right answers, right?) and found this:

A face primer is one of the best ways to insure your makeup stays on longer. They pamper the skin and create a protective barrier. Primers are excellent for people with combination to oily skin. Just apply after moisturizer and let it sink into the skin for a few minutes, and carry on with your regular foundation routine.

I was still baffled that a high end brand could have the same effect/ingredients as a low-end feminine product (well, I guess they are both feminine products…just used in different places).

So I did some research and found this blog:

http://www.skindeco.net/2009/04/monistat-chafing-gel-vs-smashbox-photo.html

And this article: http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/expert-opinion-monistat-vs-smashbox-foundation-primer-492667.html

So, what did you think? To save $30 could you use chafing gel on your face??? As someone with a background in marketing, I find it fascinating that I would be more likely to pay $36 vs. $6 because of the idea of putting a feminine cream on my face disturbs me even though it shouldn’t. Amazing what branding can do to your subconscious.

Would you be willing to try low-end cream to save some $$? (I cannot bring myself to type the brand name for some reason!! Obviously, I have modesty issues!!!)

Comments

  1. I have used the smashbox version before and love it, but could never bring myself to spend they money on it. I'm all about the free samples at Sephora. :) I read about the other option on a blog once, but wasn't brave enough to try it. I think you should and blog about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use a primer on my face, but love my eyeshadow primer, so maybe I will someday. I think I'd be embarrassed to buy it, but would totally go with the cheapo version first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the SkinDeco review, I think I'm sold. I don't even use foundation primer, but I think I should. You should definitely do a trial test, and let us know if it keeps your pregnancy "glow" under control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on someone's blog once a face primer by the brand Elf for $6 at Target. I don't use face primer, but my mom does (Bare Escentuals from Sephora), so I bought her the Elf brand and she said its just as good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this on a couple of other blogs before, and they swore by it... however, I am totally the same. I am not sure I could bring myself to do it! :-) So I will agree with everyone else, try it and give us a post! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha WOW! I can't say I'd opt for the cheaper either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Coach Outlet Online, all the bags have good quality, and are at cheap and fair price, Coach Outlet Online will deliver goods on time! If you pay attention to the fashon Coach Outlet world for long time, then you will be very familiar that the brand of Coach. There is undoubtedly that each of Coach product in Coach Outlet make the fashion statement for you. Coach Purses Outlet is one of the common example. Many fashion Cheap Coach Handbags ladies and young girls are fond of this bag for its fashion and cute design. If you are going to buy a cheap Coach bag, this Coach Factory is extremely good value for money. The usefulness, Coach Outlet Online combined with good looks, and low price make this Coach bag a winner, although there are now so many bags to choose from Coach Factory Outlet. It is hot sale now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! Wow, I would NOT have guessed this! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the feminine product as a primer for sure! A friend of mine is a make-up artist and she does Sips & Tips classes and that was one of her #1 tips and I figured if she does it, why can't I?!? It's just embarrassing buying it or if someone sees it in your make-up drawer...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts