Living Room Design

I will spare you pictures on how my living room currently looks. It is in need of a serious makeover. However, I do have pictures from the listing that will give you a good idea of what the layout is.



So I am now in the overwhelming process of getting furniture for the room. Tommy and I are working with IO Metro on a design and I am loving the concept. Here is the overall design:

The floral will be the fabric on the chair and the red will be the fabric on the ottoman.


The chair is also a recliner. I thought that would be an easier sell for Tommy AND it doesn't look like a recliner. Score for me.





Ottoman that will be covered with the red fabric:

The couch will be a leather sectional, similar to this -- only brown and I think I am going to not do the chaise and have it be a full sectional. It actually looks better in person....


The entertainment piece isn't coming from IO Metro, but will look like this. I am excited to have shelves to display on. We had built ins at the old house, so I am looking forward to having somewhere in the room to put all of my accessories.




Okay, so the thing I am really on the fence on (and truthfully, not really feeling) is the recommended area rug on the floor...it is this cow hyde. What do you think?????



Tommy has been out of town, so he hasn't seen any of the plan, but I am really curious to see what he thinks. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Comments

  1. I love that entertainment center! I can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the fabric choices! I don't care for that fabric covering either. See how it already looks kind of rolled up on the edges? That would drive me crazy (especially with kids around) and I would think that would get worse with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. meant to say "floor covering" not fabric covering:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chair and fabrics! I'm not crazy about the green rug but maybe it's better in person? I love floor coverings and I'm a big believer that they tie the room together so I'd say wait until you find one you love. I'm in the market for one now so I'll let you know if I see something that goes with your color scheme..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So here is one I LOVE. It might be too modern for what you're going for but I just love zig zags and chevron prints! It's really popular right now and west elm has it in brown or black, although the black has the red trim... and it's pretty affordable! anyway here's the link...
    http://www.westelm.com/products/r656/?pkey=x%7C4%7C1%7C%7C6%7Czig%20zag%7C%7C0&cm_src=SCH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all except the floor. I'm a "no" on the cow floor. Too many other choices to have a dead animal on the floor....and what will the dogs think? It's not so much that it is an animal hide...I just never see people walking on them...everyone always walks around them...XOXO Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, how fun! I love IO Metro and your plan so far! I'm a meehhhh on the rug. It doesn't really scream Katie to me, and I'm really racking my brain trying to remember the last time I've seen a green cow around here.. yeah. Nothin. I would wait and find something you love if you're going to spend the $$! Still can't wait to come over and see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your selections...but I'm afraid I would have to "thumbs down" the cow rug. I think maybe you might want to think about that one a bit more. But then again, i wouldn't exactly say we are as "fashion forward" here in the 'Port so maybe I am just being a fuddy-duddy. Love the sectional, chair, and ottoman selections, and I totally covet your new entertainment unit. Very jealous of that!!! love,Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Katie,
    I love everything - except the cow hide. I know you can find something you like better for a floor covering. I feel so flattered that we have the same entertainment center!!!! Uncle Ron said that our room was not large enough to accommodate the side pieces, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment center. Since you asked for input. . . one thing I would caution on the sectional - all of us are so short that sometimes those are built for really tall people. Have you tried it out to make sure it fits your petite size? I know the room is going to be so beautiful.
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That floral print is just gorgeous. Sounds like it's going to be an amazing space!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts