I need ideas!

Tommy and I are having a little cookout this weekend and I am in need of some dessert/appetizer/side ideas. Think easy...because you know this whole cooking thing is new for me. As far as theme, we are just doing veggie burgers (for my sister and me) and angus beef burgers for everyone else.

I did come across this really cute (and easy) appetizer recipe on Celebrations at Home that I thought I would share. (See, I share and you share back with me : )

Red White and Blue Strawberry Appetizer Recipe




• Select 12 good quality stawberries and slice each stawberry in half. The green leaves can be kept on the berry or removed, if desired.

• Use a melon ball scoop to remove the center of each half slice of the strawberry and fill each scooped half slice of strawberry with approximately 1 teaspoon of yogurt, or any white filling desired, such as a fruit dip, custard, pudding, or whipped topping.

• Top the yogurt with a blueberry and serve, or chill to be served when ready.

Comments

  1. Hands down, the BEST and EASIEST appetizer for a cook out are jalepenos with cream cheese and bacon!

    Select large jalepenos, slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds and seams.

    Spoon cream cheese into each jalepeno half and spread lengthwise.

    Slice strips of bacon (or turkey bacon) in half and lay on top of cream cheese.

    Place them on a grill pan and grill for 20 mins.

    DONE! These are always the first thing to go at my cookouts!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made the jalepeno appetizers before (and I'm def cooking challenged). It was very easy & delicious. Just make sure to wear gloves when cutting the jalepenos. I couldn't get the oil off my skin & about burned my eyes out when I took out my contacts later that night!! The appetizers on Pioneer Woman & Tasty Kitchen look good & fairly easy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great recipe for a marinated cheese, and you serve with wheat thins. You simply marinate cheese (sliced cream and colby jack) and some red bell peppers sliced about the same size as the cheese in olive oil, pimento, parsley and vinegar. It's very good and everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie! I took a fruit tray (strawberries, pineapples, and grapes) with fruit dip to a get together last weekend. It was a hit! I just mix a large jar of marshmallow creme and 8 oz of cream cheese. It is so easy and delish! I also love roll-ups. Flour tortillas with cream cheese, green chiles, chopped black olives, and cheddar cheese. You just smear the mixture on the tortilla, roll it and and cut it up. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An easy twist to potato salad:

    *Cube and boil red potatoes
    *Mix with some Ranch dressing
    *Add shredded cheddar cheese and chives, salt and pepper

    You can serve it warm or chilled. Easy and yummy! I don't have use exact measurements.

    You could make mini brownies by putting the mix into mini-muffin tins. Just bake them for 12-15ish minutes at the temp on the box.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Katie,
    I have a really easy and delicious recipe that you might like. It is called Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert. You will need:

    Ice Cream Sandwiches
    Cool Whip
    Smuckers Caramel Sauce
    Smuckers Chocolate Sauce
    Bag of Heath Bar Bits

    Line Pyrex dish with ice cream sandwiches.
    Spread layer of Cool Whip over sandwiches.
    Swirl Smuckers caramel and chocolate sauces over Cool Whip.
    Sprinkle bag of Heath Bar Bits over this.

    Freeze until ready to serve.

    I usually use the large size Pyrex dish and a box of ice cream sandwiches (either regular or sugar free). This is really easy and is so cool and refreshing.

    Good luck and have fun!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ice cream sandwich dessert was the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts