Weekly Faves

Um, to all of you guys that I follow, I have tried and tried and tried all day to comment on your posts and blogger refuses to cooperate. So if no one comments on this, I will totally understand. I am sure you tried your hardest ;).

As I type this we are in the midst of a potential tornado storm. I should be clearing out my pantry of all of the glassware (which is under the stairs), but instead I am watching a DVR’d 16 and Pregnant and, of course, doing this. I pray that I am safe and for all of my fellow Oklahomans (and those in Missouri). And for Pudge. He really has a hard time with this weather.

But on to fun news, I did have a couple of favorites this week. 

I thought this idea of a shadow box from the Tiny Prints blog was such a cute idea. Especially if you know you have a shoe lover on your hand. 

Okay, so I am a little late to the party with this picture, but I thought it was hilarious. I seriously laughed out loud.  via Katie Lately

Don’t these streamer make a huge statement?  What if I told you they made out of scrapbook paper?  Isn’t that so clever?  Get the full tutorial on Sheek Shindigs.

With graduations upon us, I thought these little cupcake toppers were really cute and a fun way to honor your graduate. Photo from Cupcakes Take the Cake.

Do you guys read Knock Off Decor? I hadn’t heard of it until a few months ago until a blog reader (can’t remember which one, but thank you!!!) told me about this site. The site typically has items that you can find in-store or in catalogs and shows you how to make it.  I especially loved this coral that Beth from The Stories from A to Z created to look like Pottery Barn’s coral. To create this, she just went to the fish supply section of Walmart and spray painted their coral white.  Doesn’t it look great?

I lurve this idea from Oh! Crafts. Have you ever seen a more clever use of paint chips?  I think not.  And it is basically free! Though I am sure Lowe’s and Home Depot hate to see this.

Okay, my husband is begging me to watch the news…hope everyone is safe tonight!

Comments

  1. Something strange is going on with Blogger today. I'll pretend you put some great comments on my blog. :) And I love those cupcake toppers for the grads. How cute! Be safe! My heart goes out to everyone in these horrible storms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are in the bathroom... H is surrounded my blankets in the tub and putting money in a piggy bank! :) Hope yall stay safe!

    love the paint chip hearts! super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that dumb blogger.. Gave me grief today too. Wasn't that coral so clever!!? Have fun in the pantry :) if you need me, I'll be in the tub!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these posts! And um... totally laughed out loud at that sign by the way.. ha! Awesome. :) Blogger gave me hell yesterday too btw. Blah.

    I'm glad we're all safe and sound, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how I know I spend too much time on blogs? I have been most of those before. #Worktimefail. Yep I just used a twitter trend on blogger. :) - PS love the shadow box... that one I havent seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't seen that sign either! Hilarious. What I thought was so funny was the Yahoo headline of (something like) "Rapture Predictor reported 'Tough Weekend'"....yeah, cause last time I checked, making it though the weekend ALIVE was tough, tough, tough.

    jane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts