You've Never Seen Anything Like This

Google is my best (inanimate) friend. I heart it. It hearts me. We spend a great deal of time together. He scratches my back. I just take advantage.

Well, I may have a new best friend. Meet Wolfram Alpha. It is Google's nerdier, mathlete brother. The video is about 8 minutes long, but you have never seen anything like this and really it is just too much to tell you in writing.

But for those of you who need a Cliff's note version - Wolfram Alpha = Google on crack + statistical information that would be really, really hard to Google. (That is saying a lot because, not to brag, I totally rock at Googling.)



Now that you watched the video, I laughed and laughed and laughed some more when I put both my name and Tommy's name into Wolfram Alpha.

The most common age of someone with the name Katie: 24
The most common age of someone with the name Tommy: 63

I have made up that 6 month age difference pretty quickly based on this data.

Comments

  1. um loving this new "googling" website! thanks for passing it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing . . . really mind-boggling!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be my new obsession. I "wofled" my birth date and I was born 11,468 days ago. Crazy! The ave age for my name is 20 year, makes me feel young again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great...it said I am 63 and Luke is 4. That makes me feel so gross I should go take a bath in tepid water. Except it is way too late. Better go knit my cat a sweater and hope I don't choke on a Werther's Original candy in my sleep.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts