Home Sweet Home

My husband and I are thinking of selling our house, so I spent a great deal of time this weekend getting everything super clean and fixed up. We have put a lot of work into it since we bought it. Many weekends were spent painting, hammering, nailing, and, my favorite part, shopping!


Tommy bought the house a couple of years before we got married and it stayed pretty much the same until we got engaged. Since this was going to be our first home, I had some pretty big ideas of what I wanted for my first house! Our first order of business was getting the hardwood floors refinished. They are beautiful!

Next, we had the kitchen and bathroom retiled. The kitchen had linoleum floors and were in desperate need of repair. Behind the fridge there was the original table that dropped down from the wall, even though it was really cool, we had to remove it to make the kitchen more functional. The countertops in the bathroom and the kitchen were absolutely awful. They were stained, ugly, bad. So, we got a nice piece for the bathroom and had granite countertops and tumbled marble for the backsplash. I love it! Then, our old stuff didn't look as nice, so we bought stainless appliances. I was most excited about the dishwasher because the previous owners only had a portable one that no longer worked. Ugh! I honestly went two years washing dishes by hand. I never cooked. Poor Tommy.



The house was built in 1939 and we are only the third owners, which is amazing due to the age of the house. Houses built back then had so much character.


The original crown moldings in the house are awesome. We have a fabulous carpenter who worked installed crown moldings in our bedrooms to match the crown molding in the living and dining room. It is a little detail that makes such a huge difference in the room. I wish I had taken before and after pics. It really is the icing on the cake!




We haven't actually listed our house yet, but are working with a realtor. So, if you or someone you know may be interested, feel free to comment or email me and I will get you in touch with her!

Details:
1,350 Square Feet
2 Bedrooms
1 Bath
Hardwoods throughout
Plantation Shutters
Granite Slab Countertops in kitchen and bath
Tumbled Marble Backsplash in kitchen
Stainless Appliances
2 Car Garage
Midtown location, close to TU

$144,900

Comments

Popular Posts