How to use Floral Foam

One of a florist's secrets is floral foam. It is super easy to get flowers to stay EXACTLY where you want them and it is really easy to use.


I have been wanting to make a "window box" arrangement for awhile now with these flowers from Flora and Field,  so I took a little video of how simple it is to do with wet floral foam.


Here are a few tips:

1- You can get wet foam at any craft store or at Walmart
2- I soak mine in warm water until it sinks...that way you know it is full of water. 
3- For this particular arrangement, I put foil in the bottom of the container so that it wouldn't leak (they make green floral foil, but I don't have any on hand and you usually have to get it at a wholesaler). 
4- You can cover foam a number of ways - with greenery or, in this case, I covered with moss. 
5- Then you just add your flowers! They stick in the foam with no problem and you can easily move them to get the perfect look.

I would love to see what you are doing with floral foam!

If you aren't already following me on instagram, you can find this and my other projects here: https://www.instagram.com/tulsadetails/

Comments

Popular Posts