Back to School Teacher Flowers Part 2

I saw these black and white pencils from Hobby Lobby on someone's instagram and was inspired. (The pencils are oddly in the party section, so you have to do a little digging. They also have some adorable pastel watercolor ones and white and gold polka dots... I may have to go back. Ha.)

This is THE easiest back to school floral arrangement ever. I promise.






As you can see in the video, you only need the following supplies:
  • Bud vase
  • 25 pencils
  • A rubber band (I used my daughter's clear hair band, but an industrial one would be fine if you wanted to cover it with ribbon). 
  • About 5 - 10 roses (or any other flower)

All you do is add the rubber band to the outside of the bud vase, then start adding the pencils. A tighter rubber band does work a little better so that your pencils stand up straight.  Another benefit to the rubber band is that you can still use the pencils once the flowers fade. 

After that, to hide the rubber band, just wrap ribbon around it and add flowers! (I actually liked this both with and without ribbon, so I posted pics both ways.) Let me know if you use this for your favorite teacher! I would love to see pics!


If you aren't already following me on instagram, you can find this and my other projects here: https://www.instagram.com/tulsadetails/

Comments

Popular Posts