Getting My Hands Dirty

I have embarked on a flower bed transformation. We had someone draw us up some plans, so we are trying to follow them. We love what she did, but I am no green thumb. :) When we moved into our house the front flower bed was covered with ground cover. I left it all last season, but then it started to die at some point and turned brown and blah. This season it came back and I kept feeling like it looked like weeds. So I give you my before: And the after: We will be filling in with other plants, but I feel like it looks much cleaner and will be a great blank slate for the other planting. So far I have spent the day at every flower shop in the city and this is as far as I have gotten:
I have to say, though, I am totally feeling it!

Comments

  1. Adorable. I love it. It is such a nice warm day here and i needed the push to get my yard done. I think I just got it Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I need to get out in the yard and give it some much needed TLC too... Umm - maybe next weekend... = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new look! Fantastic! Oh, and if you were at every flower store in town you must have been to Southwoods - I used to work there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I don't know the first thing about gardening, but I wish I did. It totally intimidates me.

    p.s. I love love love the new blog look!! Did Lindsey from Sweet Simplicity do it? Her designs are so clean and classic. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Katie,
    The new blog look is great, and your yard is looking great, too!!
    Love, Aunt Angie
    P.S. The prayer service for Uncle David was very inspiring and very nice. We missed all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking good! I love your garden shelf! I have tried and tried to get into gardening and I just don't think I have it in me! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good!! Can't wait to see it when it's all done :) Love the new blog look too. Quite springy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ricardo and I are embarking on some yard work tomorrow! I also have no green thumb - we are even going to try to plant some veggies/herbs! Wish us luck.

    I LOVE the new blog design!! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new look!! It looks so cute and refreshing. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I did some planting this weekend as well and now my allergies are paying me back for it big time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts