Miracle Number 2

In my blog post yesterday I mentioned how my husband’s back pain had suddenly gone away. He had suffered from chronic pain for two plus years. It was intense and really hard on everyone. You never want to see someone in pain and his was going on for what seemed like forever.

He went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bulging disks. After going to multiple doctors, though, they determined surgery wouldn’t help him.

Just so you know how intense his pain was he tried everything including:

- Acupuncture

- Chiropractors

- Physical Therapists

-Neurologists

- Back pain experts

- Nerve Block Injections

- An epidural in his back

- Burning of the nerves in his neck

I am sure there are other things, but this journey took him through just about everything. I will give you the reader’s digest version of what happened, but research brought him to the site of Dr. Sarno.

Basically, he discusses that back pain (really, most chronic pain, depression, anxiety, etc.) is all in your head.

He watched this 20/20 video where John Stossel did a report on Dr. Sarno and how he helped him. It is seriously incredible. (If you know anyone suffering from back pain, I encourage you to watch it.)

Dr. Sarno Healing Back Pain

So Tommy bought his book and it resonated with him. Within a few weeks of reading the book, he was feeling a little stiff, but definitely back to functioning.

 

 

As noted on the title of the book, there is nothing to do except read the book. You don’t have to exercise, take drugs, go to a physical therapist. I know I sound like an infomercial, but it seriously was life changing for him and was a whole heck of a lot cheaper than all of the stuff that he went through.

I wish I was being paid for this ringing endorsement, but just want to share it because it really was nothing short of a miraculous recovery for him.

Comments

  1. This is crazy! But awesome- I'm so glad he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In.Sane!! Good insane, but crazy!!! So glad Tommy (and you) are feeling better!!

    No, if only I could get Luke to read the second version of this book; the "How to put your crap in the hamper and learn to throw dirty diapers in the trash" then we would be all smiles here!! I'm only kidding.

    Maybe.

    Now, Robot me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, hated that, hope never to go back. Glad to hear he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?! WOW! We are to the nerve block injections and burning of the nerves stage. J really doesn't want to do surgery. I'll have to buy this for him for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this Katie! I'm going to pass this on to my son and daughter-in-law as well as read for myself. Anxious to see updates on your cute lil Emmy...we are getting our first grandbaby this summer :) and cannot be more exited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this. I'm 27 and have had backpain from a direct injury for the past 11 years. I've wondered if more of the pain today is because of stress or the injury. I really appreciate you sharing your first hand experience with this and can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts