My new billboard












I am very excited to be volunteering for Tulsa Habitat for Humanity. They are launching a new campaign to not only to brand their organization, but get more applicants and families into the program. It is so awesome to be part of such a great organization and use my skills to help them grow.

Habitat has a special place in my heart. I have always grown up knowing about Habitat but within the past year I have become very involved with the organization. In 2007, my mom started a campaign to have a Habitat House built in my dad's memory. My dad had started the Habitat for Humanity Chapter in Northeast Lousiana, so this was extra special to our family to be able to give back to an organization that meant so much to him.

In October of 2007, we paired up with KTUL to build the "Home for the Holidays in Memory of Ron DeFatta." I have posted some pictures of our time out building. While, I loved working on the house and learned a ton over the 2.5 month period, I realized I have no business working on a house and need to stick to helping in an office environment! : )

For those of you who are not familiar with Habitat you can learn about them at http://www.tulsa-habitat.org/. They are a non-profit who "gets it." Their philosophy is provide simple, affordable housing to those who live in substandard housing in our area. All homeowners work for their houses. They put in 500 hours of "sweat equity" that not only includes working on other homeowners' houses but taking courses in financial education, learning to sew, how to do minor fix-its, etc... Each homeowner also pays for their home with an interest free mortgage. All homeowners are given the keys to success so that they can create a better life for their children and themselves.

Ahh, makes you feel good : )!

Comments

  1. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts