American Girl Doll Dream!!!

Soooo since I was 11 I wanted an American Girl Doll. But my mom said I was a little old (she was probably right), but I seriously pined for one until I was 33...until my aunt and uncle surprised me with one. It was really one of those best surprises of my life. Even when I was pregnant with Emmy, I would get catalogs and dream of going. Well, it finally happened.

Allison had been planning to take Finley for her 7th birthday, so I jumped on that bandwagon and said we were going too.

If you are have any interest in going to the Dallas location, we booked the Marriott Quorum by the Galleria. If you click on deals, find the American Girl package.  The room rate for that night was $129, but the American Girl package was $149. With it we got an American Girl bed, doll slippers and robe and a $25 gift card. We also were greeted in our room with milk (chocolate, strawberry and regular) and cookies!

Poor little Holden was also subjected to this excitement. Stinker. He didn't hate it, though!


We went to the store the night before our dinner so that Finley could pick out her doll before our lunch. 

And Samantha got a makeover! The before. (She got her hair done while we were at lunch.)


Isn't this just too sweet?

I loved this. When we went to pick up Samantha, they asked Emmy to sign for her.

Heart melting!

And after!

Some excited girls (and dolls)!





Now, I don't know if we caught them on an off day, but lunch took FOREVER. Seriously, an hour and 45 minutes. Have you ever been with a two toddlers at an hour and 45 minute lunch? I can think of things I would rather do. I would maybe do the ice cream counter next time. I think it would be the same experience with a lot less waiting.

Comments

  1. That is so cute! Was it everything you imagined? :) Did you get to keep the bed, robe and slippers? That sounds like a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes my heart so happy that you love your AG Samantha so much!!!!! It was actually one of the best surprises I've ever been a part of, and I loved it just as much as you!! These pictures are so precious!! Love you, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts