Bumpdate Weeks 37 & 38

iphone pics 112014 029iphone pics 112014 051

How far along: 38 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: My scale at home shows 22 and the one at the doctor says 24.  Hoping this stays constant!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity and flowy regular shirts

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He definitely has his active times of day! It is so funny because I have had ultrasounds at my last two doctor appointment to make sure he is breathing and to check for movement. He will be moving.like.crazy and then as soon as the ultrasound starts and I lay down, he falls fast asleep. He is just like his daddy! Ha! He is also, thankfully, not under a rib, so when he stretches it is much more comfortable than it was with Emmy. I also have noticed that he reacts to the sound of my voice.  If he is moving like crazy and I tell someone to look, he will immediately stop. Stinker!

Sleep: I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions at night. They aren’t painful, but the immediate need to go to the restroom wakes me up. I have been getting up at least every two hours to go to the bathroom, so sleep is not the best.  One night I was up three times within one hour because every time I fell asleep, I would need to go again. Le sigh.

Cravings: Tootsie Rolls, anything sweet.

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, the inability to climb stairs without shortness of breath, overall, I feel pretty good, though. I have made some progress at the doctor and an induction date has been set if he doesn’t come on his own. Not sure how I feel about an induction, but my doctor made a comment about how nothing pretty was going to happen after the scheduled date and I didn’t ask….I don’t know if I want to know! I am still holding out for him to come on his own!

Looking forward to: Seeing Emmy and her brother together.  I hope she loves him as much as she loves other babies!. 

Best moments: It has been fun seeing him at the ultrasounds the past two weeks.  We finished his room, got the car seat installed, his bags packed and all of the little last minute things done.  I am supposed to have a massage, mani and pedi tomorrow, so I am hoping he holds out for me to get some pampering in.  Mama needs some love!

Big sister: One of the funniest things Emmy asked is if baby brother was going to pop out and scare her! Ha! I wish it was that easy, sister!  She also loves to rub my belly and tickle it saying “tickle, tickle, tickle.” It is super cute.  Emmy also is very into getting into Holden’s bed to hang out. She can climb into it a little too easily! 

Not entirely baby related, we also put up our Christmas tree this past weekend so I wouldn’t have to mess with it when he arrived and she was mesmerized with it and her own little tree. I love seeing the little things through her eyes. It really is fun to see the magic! Oh, and she LOVES Christmas music – just like her mama, which I am totally in love with!

Comments

  1. A very sweet post, Katie. I love hearing about everything you love and everything Emmy loves. What a sweet family!!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how soon he's going to be here! You look great! Sending good thoughts & prayers your way that he comes on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you so close already??? So exciting! Enjoy your pampering today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very close!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts