Bumpdate Weeks 35 & 36

iphone pics 11114 021iphone pics 110814 008

How far along: 36 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: My scale at home shows 22 and the one at the doctor says 25.  She said theirs weighs heavier ;). I will go with mine!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity and flowy regular shirts

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He has been a little more active at night! I also know exactly where his little foot is and, thankfully, it isn’t under my ribs! He also is RIGHT on my bladder as confirmed by ultrasound this week. This can make things a little precarious at times when I feel like I have to go NOW.

Sleep: I am up 2-4 times a night, but otherwise have been sleeping pretty heavily.

Cravings: Tootsie Rolls

Symptoms: Same as last time – Braxton Hicks (though not as many) and some back pain. I have also had some round ligament pain here and there that is pretty intense.

Looking forward to: Feeling ready. I am not at that stage yet. Not sure I will ever be. I think marking all of the items off my to-do list will help.

Best moments: Loved seeing him at the ultrasound this week. He is measuring at 5 pounds 14 ounces (4 weeks ago it was 4.4). 

We are SUPER close to finishing his room.  Just have curtains to hang and the letters to put on the wall.  (I will disclose his name later this week!  HA….assuming we don’t come up with something else in the meantime!)

Big sister: We have been talking a lot about being a big sister and how she can help with baby brother. We read her big sister books a lot and she is so excited to be a big sister. This helps with the mom guilt of taking away her only child status.

She also wants to hold her baby cousin, Luke, and is very gentle and sweet with him.  I am sure she will love being a tiny mommy (if even only for a short time!)

iphone pics 110814 012

Comments

  1. All of that is so sweet. I love the way Emmy is holding Luke - like a pro!! You are funny - you know you don't have to feel guilty about "taking away her only-child status." Little Noah said to me just today, "Mimi, I love for you to come to my house because, you know, I am an only child and I like to have visitors." Isn't that just the sweetest comment?! He is my love! Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I ended up gaining 22 pounds with Landon. It'll come right off as soon as your little man gets here! Can't wait for his name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! You are a week ahead of me, will be fun to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way too cute, friend!You really look great! And Emmy is going to make such a great big sister! Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts