Holden 4 Months

My sweet baby boy is already 4 months old! He is still such a sweet, happy baby and is always smiling!  He loves to sit and observe and sometimes you even forget he is there because he is just so quiet.  He loves to walk with me in his Bjorn and see the world, but is content to just lay on his back and look up at his play mat, too.  His whole face lights up if anyone interacts with him and he smiles so big if you pretend to have him kiss your face. He also got a kick out of me doing arm curls with him yesterday.  Ha!

iphone pics 040315 080 iphone pics 040315 077 

Holden is still eating about every three hours during the day. He takes a 6 ounce bottle at Julie’s and will go down to bed between 6:30 – 8:30, depending on how the day has gone.  He sleeps the hardest when he has been at Miss Julie’s. You think the toddler in our home would wear him out too. ;)

iphone pics 040315 085

This month Holden slept through the night for four nights in a row. And he hasn’t done it again since J. I am blaming this on a four month sleep regression, but mama is TIRED. Last night I was up at 11, 1, 3, 5, and 7:30 just calming him down with pats and putting his paci back in.  I have tried to let him cry for a few minutes to see if he will put himself back to bed and that doesn’t work either. Le sigh. Luckily, I know this is just a phase (ha --- I hope at least)!  We have to use a new swaddle each night because he stretches it so much that he will bust out of it if it isn’t super tight.  I have a feeling getting rid of the swaddle will be fun (written in my sarcasm font).

 iphone pics 040315 112

He has newly discovered his feet and he hasn’t quite worked them into his mouth yet, but he sure is trying. His other favorite toy to suck on is his fist! I have tried to give him other toys, but his hands seem to be his favorite. He also likes that mesh ball that he can easily grip and bring up to his mouth.

iphone pics 040315 235

iphone pics 040315 154

iphone pics 040315 129

He is now in size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. I am not sure of his weight, but I would estimate he weighs about 15 or 16 pounds.

iphone pics 040315 116

He is also the most spit uppiest baby I have ever seen. We have to put a bib on him almost all the time to contain the spit up (and drool).

Case in point:

 iphone pics 040315 024iphone pics 040315 020

Fun things Holden has done this month:

- A zoo trip (I also had to crack up – I am pretty modest so breastfeeding in public makes me mildly uncomfortable, but I had to on this particular day. It was a Thursday in the middle of the week, so there weren’t that many people there.  I chose a secluded picnic table and wore my cover and all of a sudden out of nowhere, it was like a pack of wolves descended upon me. Allison and Tommy were watching from a distance and were hysterically laughing when a group of, I kid you not, 30 children and their parents decided to have a picnic right.next.to.me. It seriously reminded me of vultures to a carcass. I did find the humor in it as my sister is texting me and Tommy is cackling like a hyena. Ha!)

iphone pics 040315 057

- The aquarium

- An Easter egg hunt

iphone pics 040315 226

- Krispy Kreme

- His first bath with big sister! She loved “helping.”

iphone pics 040315 189

- A Tulsa roughnecks game

iphone pics 040315 185 iphone pics 040315 186

A few new nicknames (and Emmy saying them is just adorable):

- Bubby Boo

- Brother Bear

- Georgie/Georgie Pig (for Peppa’s little brother) – guess what is going to be in his Easter basket? Ha!

iphone pics 040315 034 iphone pics 040315 237

iphone pics 040315 249 iphone pics 040315 110

We couldn’t ask for a more special and precious baby boy!

Comments

  1. He is so adorable and still looking like your sweet dad!! His face is a little rounder than Ronnie's, but everything else is Ronnie DeFatta! I love his big, happy smile and his sweet disposition. That is hilarious about your picnic story! Have a Happy Easter!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious! Love his sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I think he looks a lot like Tommy. The breastfeeding story cracked me up! And I love the nickname Georgie from Peppa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just the sweetest! I hope his sleeping gets better. That has to be tough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts