Wednesday, February 27, 2013

We survived

Well, I have totally been neglecting this blog, but I wanted to let you know that we survived our trip to Charleston! We actually had a great time and little Em was an A+ traveler! Now, don’t get me wrong….I have no intention of taking her on another plane ride any time soon. I don’t want to press my luck.

I will say – bringing our moms on this trip – best.idea.ever. Also, I think I have shared this little gem with my Tulsa readers, but if you fly American to Dallas, you can upgrade to first class for $45. It pays for itself if you check more than one bag as checking two bags costs $60, but if you fly first class you pay $45 and can check up to 3 bags. Obviously, a win-win. Now, this first class isn’t very glam, but worth it when you are traveling with a baby! (Though I am certain everyone else in first class was holding their breath waiting for our sweet four month old to burst into tears and ruin their lovely morning.)

The only picture I got of us on the plane ride there.

iphone pics 22813 009

We ate a lot. I, of course, had to try a cupcake – the caramel apple!

iphone pics 22813 013

We did several plantation and home tours and the weather was amazing.

iphone pics 22813 019

iphone pics 22813 031

Sweet girl spent a lot of time in the Bjorn and she just loved being able to look around. She was even able to sneak in a nap or two.

iphone pics 22813 027

Happy girl ready for a big day!

iphone pics 22813 036

One of the things we enjoyed most is taking a carriage ride of Charleston.

iphone pics 22813 038

All in all, a really great trip! We are now trying to decide whether to go to a wedding in April with the baby. Just thinking about it makes me tired!

7 comments:

Aja said...

Oh good! I've been wondering how it went- glad to hear she behaved herself on the plane ride! ;) she looks adorable as always!

KatiePerk said...

Oh so glad it went well!! Hope you enjoyed Charleston!

happy_wife said...

So glad to hear your trip was a success!! I just knew Miss Thang would be a rockstar!

As for your wedding April? I would SO TOTALLY GO!! I mean it sounds really fun!! Especially if you just **happen** to have a friend close by who just **happens** to have kids of her own and could strategically deposit any baby things you might need in your hotel room to pad your stay a little!! I mean, if you **happen** to have a friend like that. And I'm sure wherever you might be visiting would have lovely weather. :)

Jane

Kitty said...

Yay! Glad it went well.
Oh, and love those red shoes!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time!! I heard that your mom had a wonderful trip, also - great idea to take the moms!!!
Love you, Aunt Angie

Tricia said...

So happy you had a great trip, and more importantly, the flight was flawless. :) I love Charleston, and can't wait to get back in Sept. I'm jealous of all the warm sunshine in the photos. I'm so ready for warm temps!

Sarah L. said...

So jealous!!! I would love to visit Charleston! Thanks for the tip about first class :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity