What I’ve Been Up To…

I think it is funny when people tell me I am slacking on my blog. Ha! I guess people do actually read this thing. I don’t know what my problem is, but I just have not been motivated to sit down and type.

So, I thought I would do a post on what I have been up to. Get ready for the (lack of) excitement!

Reading:

I am pretty sure Lindsey recommended this book and it was available as a book on tape from the library. For my Law and Order friends, it was a “ripped from the headlines” book mirroring the Bernie Madoff scandal. Of course, the characters names and some of the details were changed, but overall I really liked the book. It was written from the perspective of the wife who was trying to prove her innocence.  I found myself listening to it even out of my car, so that is always a sign of a good book to me.

Attending:

tommy and i

megan and me habitat

I am on our planning committee for Tulsa’s Habitat for Humanity annual Gala. This weekend we went and had a great time. Megan and Andy are always great to attend and we scored some tickets to an upcoming Thunder game that we are all going to go to together!

Loving:

The Red Stamp app that I used for the photo above. I found out about it through Sarah’s Project 365, but since I am not participating, I didn’t pay too much attention. However, I downloaded it the other day and it perfect for dressing up your photos. Also, as an added bonus, it’s free!

Planning:

A sip and see for my friend Iris on St. Patrick’s Day. It is going to be so fun! I love going all out with a theme.  I bought these invites on etsy and had the “Lucky in Love” heading changed to “Lucky Liam.”  They turned out super cute and I have had so much fun thinking of cute and clever ideas for the big event. Pictures to come soon!

Trying:

To become a better blogger!

Comments

  1. I missed you Katie! Glad you're back!!!! Love the invitations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked beautiful at the Habitat Gala . . . and so did Megan. You are so sweet to continue to work on your dad's favorite humanitarian cause. Believe it or not, I do still check everyday to see if there is a new blog post, so I'm glad you're back!
    Love, Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book rec wasn't from me, but I'll have to check it out. Maybe it was from Jane...
    I love the top of your dress at the gala! So pretty. The shower on St. Patrick's Day sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad I missed the gala, had so much fun last year. Loved the sip & see invite and can't wait for the party!
    Xoxo, iris
    Ps can you believe what's going on with gossip girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so fantastic! Love the dress and I WANT your gorgeous long hair, sista! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts