Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Here is Ben's latest wedding video and it is great!
I will have to post my wedding video sometime. It is the opposite of great. Have I mentioned she only had one eye? My mom told me that was fine...she only needed one to look out the camera. Oh well, you get what you pay for ; )
You can check out more of Ben's work at Bliss Weddings Tulsa. And, he and his beautiful bride Addie are the couple on the home page on the left!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
I do, however, want to open an online store of adorable baby stuff all in one place with one-orice shipping. Since all of my friends are having babies I have so many cute things I want to buy them but I have to go to about 8 websites to get it, increasing my shipping costs. Or, they just don't get the cute gift ; ). Here are some of the things I would love to sell in the imaginary store that I am sure I will never open:
I love these Bella Tunno pacifier clips. They are so trendy and cute and not too baby. Love them.
I have read about that Miracle Blanket that supposedly is seriously a miracle and your baby will sleep through the night like at 2-days old or something. Now that is great, but I would want a cute one, like this one below.
My cousin, Jennifer, told me about Inch Bug. She said it was her favorite gift to give when she knows the baby's name and I have to say this idea is brilliant. I have already gotten it for two friends and I absolutely love it! I just wish I would have invented it. Basically, instead of putting a sticker, tape or writing the baby's name on a bottle or sippy cup, you just slip on of these dish-washer safe "tags" on the item. Hello - it is only the same material as those LiveStrong bracelets. Brilliant. Ugh, why didn't I think of this????
And honestly, there are no cuter socks than the ones byTrumpette. Visit their site. They are as expensive as adult socks, if not more, but really they are so clever you cannot resist them!!!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I wanted to highlight my three favorite pita foods in Tulsa, in no particular order:
1- McNellie's Artichoke Dip - I absolutely love it. The dip with the parmesan topping = heaven. Tommy goes here most Friday's for Happy Hour and I will have him bring me dip home to eat as my full dinner. It's that good.
2- Ella's Hummus - Ella's is located at 11th and Harvard, right across from TU. Tommy and I went here last week and had their hummus and it was the best I have ever had. I am not 100% huge on hummus, to be honest, but this was a life-changer. I asked the owner and she said if you give her notice she can make enough for a party. Honestly, this would be the best to bring to any get together. So good.
3- Leons' Mat Hoffman - I went to Leon's for dinner tonight and that is what got me thinking about my love of pita. Here is the description of the sandwich from their menu:
Roasted chicken served open faced on pita bread with pan fried goat cheese, mixed greens and ancho sauce.
I take the goat cheese and put it on the pita and wrap the chicken in it and the ancho chili sauce is just perfectly spicey. Delish. If you have not been there take the boy's. Lots of tv's but still female-friendly. I would say the atmosphere is similar to the Brook but the food is better.
Enough food talk for tonight! Enjoy!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
1) What is your salad dressing of choice? Balsamic Vinagrette
2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Hmmm, so many...I just love to eat. Um, I cannot think of a good restaurant off the top of my head. I love Mexican food and Italian food. Of those, I would say my favorite restaurant would be Sr. Tequila's. So lame, I know!
3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? I think I could only eat chicken every day. Any particular food I would get so sick of...considering I cannot eat the same thing for lunch as I do for dinner.
4) What are your pizza toppings of choice? Chicken and feta with alfredo sauce. Bomb.
5) What do you like to put on your toast? I cannot even think of the last time I had toast. But, I would say strawberry jelly.
6) How many televisions are in your house? 3 All 27" tubes. We are so proud.
7) What color cell phone do you have? Black
8) Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right, however, I am secretly jealous of left handed people because they are supposed to be more creative.
9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Splinters
10) What is the last heavy item you lifted? Baby Max
11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Yes, once when I flipped over the handlebars of my bike when I was in middle school.
12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Not at all. Can you imagine???
13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Good question. But, probably nothing. It wouldn't feel like "me."
14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Yes. I love hot sauce.
15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? 6, at least
16) What’s your goal for the year? Wow. Deep. I have no goals for this year. Isn't that bad??? How about to invent something that will make me a bazillionaire.
17) Last person you talked to? Tommy
18) Last person you hugged? Tommy or one of the dogs. They are actually very good huggers. I love them. Actually, I lied. I last hugged Iris. She gave me the cutest little gift tonight! I love it!!
19) Favorite Season? Spring and Fall
20) Favorite Holiday? Christmas
21) Favorite day of the week? Sunday
22) Favorite Month? October or December
23) First place you went this morning? Drumright
24) What's the last movie you saw? Confessions of a Shopaholic
25) Do you smile often? All the time
26) Do you always answer your phone? No. It totally cracks me up when people answer the phone only to say they cannot talk. That is why voicemail was invented ; ).
27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?Spam. I hate texting.
28) If you could change your eye color what would it be? Blue. I am so jealous of my sister. She got blue eyes and brown hair. Lucky.
29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
30) Have you ever had a pet fish? Yes. I remember my mom telling us to not be upset if our first goldfish we ever got didn't make it through the night and to not cry if they died. Next morning, dead fish, hysterics.
31) Favorite Christmas song? Baby it's cold outside.
32) What's on your wish list for your birthday? A new camera.
33) Can you do push ups? Girly ones.
34) Can you do a chin up? No.
35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Excited!
36) Do you have any saved texts? If I do they are there by default, not because I keep them.
37) Ever been in a car wreck? Yes
38) Do you have an accent? Nope
39) What is the last song to make you cry? None.
40) Plans tonight? Blogging and watching tv with Tommy.
41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? I don't think so....
42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday. I really don't think I bought anything yesterday. Or today for that matter. I totally need to go shopping.
44) Current hate right now? Not naming names. Just kidding. Not really.
45) Met someone who changed your life? Everyone of my friends and family.
46) How did you bring in the New Year? At Ben and Addie's and Tommy was the life of the party.
47) What song represents you? I don't have a song that represents me but I do really like that All American Rejects song right now.
48) Name three people who might complete this? No one
49) What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping - out way before that.
50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Where are the dogs? Usually my little one would be cuddling with me but they were both outside. I love them.
And, in honor of #47:
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Anyway, the shower was at the cutest house and no detail was left undone. But, not in a stuffy, uncomfortable way. It was in the most thoughtful and perfect way! Janie also considers herself "mother" to her two boys, Jock and Charlie. So, you would not believe how many puppy related gifts she got! My favorite gift was from her cousin (and the hostess) it was a dump truck full of books, doggy onesies/gear and chocolate and black lab stuffed dogs! What baby doesn't need a stuffed animal of their "brothers!?!"
I gave Janie a basket full of fun. I LOVE making gift baskets. Unfortunately, when giving gifts I am usually just giving one item (a super-expensive, so important, all I can buy is one item), so showers are perfect for giving them!
I found these pacifiiers at Target and because Janie has stock in Franzia, the 2nd paci just seemed too perfect for baby. (It says Whine Connossieur.)
I gave some of these pacifier holders to my sister-in-law and they are so cute! Very trendy.
And, because I love lambs, baby had to have a lamb rattle.
Janie registered for this and I thought it was too cute. What baby doesn't need a themed washcloth? I know, they all do.
At the shower, the hostess had the cutest cupcakes from Green Goodies by Tiffany in OKC. Totally check out the site. Her logo is absolutely adorable. Unfortunately you cannot "borrow" pics from her site but you can get the idea when you go! According to Lexie, she will be opening a store near Nichols Hills for you OKC readers.
And, the icing on the (cup)cake was the adorable favor given to all of the guests from Crumbs. They were little chocolate (Charlie) or black (Jock) sugar cookies to take home. I took home a Jock. He looks very similar to my boys. Honestly, could this be any cuter??
Congratulations, Janie! I cannot wait to meet baby boy t!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Here we are with 16 flowers. You can see how I am going in a circular rotation of adding the flowers.
Even though I am not a huge bow girl, I feel like it is always the perfect finishing touch to a flower arrangement.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
For you visual people, here is a picture of the package. They sell these in the refrigerator section at the Walmart Neighborhood Market. In mine (on 21st and Yale) they are below the cream cheese on the bottom part of the fridge.
They are super easy too. All you have to do is heat your skillet and place in the center.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my Irish (and non-Irish) readers!
Posted by katie@tulsadetails at 7:39 PM
Monday, March 16, 2009
Caroline has introduced a new line of wall art and I absolutely love it. As mentioned about 100 times in this blog, I have a thing for birds. I must get this for someone who is having a little girl. Isn't it just adorable?
Caroline also has introduced a new line of invites too. Anyone who has ever invited someone to a baptism knows how hard it is to get cute baptism invites. She has blue and pink ones!
I love this art. You should see the invite that looks like this. This frame and print would look so cute on a hot pink wall. Love it!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
When I was trying to decide what to blog about I went through my favorites and realized I have no blogged about the site Charles & Marie. They have some of the most unusual things on their site, so I thought I would share some of my favorites.
I absolutely love clever ideas. And, I know they are so clever when I say to myself, why didn't I think of that? To me, this is such an innovative idea for a cake pan. You know when you have guests over and everyone says, I want just a sliver or I will have a regular size piece? Well, now the cake pan makes it easy for you!
I am the world's worst about cooking too much or too little pasta for dinner. I can never get it right. This trivet does double duty -- it will hold your hot pans and also measure pasta for you. Brilliant!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
For those of you who are like me, here are some great sites online for you to get your fix:
Beware, though, these are the world's greatest time wasters.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Since I have had this revelation I have upped the number of people I am following, including my favorite person - Donny Deustch! (I have totally tried to contact him -- I don't think he shares my enthusiasm.) I also now follow the Today Show, the Celebrity Apprentice, the Pioneer Woman and Martha Stewart, which leads me to my fun find.
I will say, Martha Stewart is a loyal Twitterer. She has posted about the tragic fire in which her new puppy died, discussed her blog posts and even updated us on her comings and goings.
One of her updates included a link to a site where she has introduced her own line of evites. I had never heard of the site - pingg.com - and decided to check it out. The site is very much social network friendly and also a fun diversion from the evite.com site that we are used to.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Allison of Allison Rose Designs posted the most adorable rocking chair on her blog today, that I have to feature! My sister and I are totally into this bird thing and this would just be perfect in a little girl's room. Love it!
Sticking with the outdoorsy theme, I saw these pillows on Cuteable today and thought they were just so clever!
You can find them at the Etsy store My Imaginary Boyfriend.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
First, we saw the elephants. Max was slightly interested but not totally sold. They didn't move enough.
About mid-way through the trip little buddy wasn't 100% sold on this whole animal thing.
This picture is really sweet with Tommy and Kristen helping Max walk. He is getting to be quite a little walker!