Saturday, February 28, 2009
Steal #1 - A Dyson vaccuum for $299 at Tuesday Morning. Regularly priced at $498. A total steal people!
Steal #2 - A super cute Vera Bradley bag that would make a great diaper bag - $49 at Marshall's. Retail price $98.
Good luck shopping!
Friday, February 27, 2009
I have honestly never seen personalized wrapping paper. Um, fabulous! They have some really cute ideas on the site on how to personalize it too. I espcially love this. This would be perfect for weddings and the fabric is so preppy and cute. Imagine this ribbon on the gift wrap above. Cute x 10!
I would have loved to have wrapped my bridesmaid's gifts like this.
I love little gable boxes and ones with polka dots are even more fun. I would love to give this as a shower favor.
And, for all of the cute ribbon we will be buying now - this organzing drawer is awesome!
Also on the site, for those entrepreneurs out there, they also sell anything made with fabric, namemaker also makes custom tags for your products.
Enjoy and thanks again, Amy!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
This is Paw Paw with the Mardi Gras Queen.
The king and queen with my Uncle David and Chris.
Posted by katie@tulsadetails at 8:00 PM
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I had previously seen the inventor of this cup on the Donny Deutsch show (Donny -- if you are reading this, where are you???). I love this idea and it is so smart it makes you say---Why didn't I think of that? Ugh! I so want a clever inventive idea to come my way. Anyway, just your everyday plastic cups that you can etch your name in with your fingernail. No need for Sharpies. You have the tools you need already!
These cups, I just love. My aunt bought me some for my pool party on the day of the wedding that said "One last fling before the wedding bells ring."
The site also has cute napkins.
And, for those serious entertainers, I love these. They are perfect for hosting showers or cocktails (I act like I host these type of events). They are etched glass initial plates. Love them!
Hope you enjoy my finds. Maybe I will come across some other fabulous store tomorrow. : )
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
44 odd things about me (like you don't have 250 posts to figure this out):
1. Do you like blue cheese? Totally. And any other stinky, sharp cheese.
2. Have you ever been drunk? A few times...
3. Do you own a gun? No, I have Pudge.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Strawberry
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Um, yes. Especially a certain one. ICK!!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I only like Turkey dogs
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf -- I cried the first time I saw it. I was probably the only one in America to cry at that movie.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee and water
9. Can you do push ups? 15 girly ones
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring
11. Favorite hobby? Reading, Internet Surfing, Eating, watching TV
12. Do you have A.D.D.? can concentrate for hours...
13. What's your favorite shoe? I am not really that into shoes. But, anything that makes me taller.
14. Middle name? Meredith
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? Wish we weren't watching this dumb war show on tv, my dogs are perfect, I wish someone would clean my house for me.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? water, wine and coffee
17. Current worry? Just one? -- ha!
18. Current hate right now? Nothing really.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? We had fun! We went to Addie's with Megan and Tommy really rung in the new year. I had to practically force him to leave. Unreal. He totally was in his element. Odd, considering about 1/2 the people he just met that night.
21. Where would you like to go? Beach
22. Name three people who will complete this? Probably no one.
23. Do you own slippers? Used to.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Green graphic tee with a grey pullover
25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets? Have no idea
26. Can you whistle? Yes
27. Favorite color? Pink
28. Would you be a pirate? No-weird.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Too tired.
30. Favorite Girl's Name? Emmy
31. Favorite boy's name? Hudson
32. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Probably my husband
34. Best bed sheets as a child? ???
35. Worst injury you've ever had as a child? Just like now, I am very risk averse. My worst injury was when I flew over my handlebars but I didn't even have to go to the doctor. As, I prefer.
36. Do you love where you live? It is very cute.
38. Who is your loudest friend? Dawn Watson
39. How many dogs do you have? 2 angels
40. Does someone have a crush on you? I think my husband likes me
41. What is your favorite book? Either Confessions of a Shopaholic or some business book
42. What is your favorite candy? Chocolate - Cadburry Mini Eggs; Spicy - Hot Tamales; Tart - Sour Patch Kids
43. Favorite Sports Team? OSU. Honestly, I don't really care ; )
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Sanctuary---that song they sing in church. OMG, I just love it. Here is the video for you. Isn't it the best?
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Here are some cute ones:
More ideas later!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Back in January, I finished the website for Moore Barbell. Chris was nice enough to recommend me to his trainer, Luke. Luke was looking for a site for his training facility, The Colosseum, and hired me to create his website. I had a ton of fun making the site. And, Luke was so awesome and easy to work with. He had great opinions, input and taste and was so easy to please.
Anyway, check out my new site and let me know what you think! Hope you enjoy!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
1 - Little sandwiches or pizzas in the shape of dog bones cut with little bone cookie cutters. Wouldn't that be precious!?
2- Little dog bone straws!
3- Max would be "Top Dog" and could wear these darling little ears!4- We could serve food out of brand new dog bowls of which I could later use for my pups. (My dog bowls are sad. They were so cute at one time...but shocker of all shockers my dogs chewed on them.)
5- Pudge will come dressed in his tux.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
First, if you haven't, you must read Chris Harrison's blog that he publishes weekly. I love being "in the know" of all the behind the scenes info.
Jason hops out of the chopper. I kid you not reader…he is wearing an almost identical shirt as Jill. Straight up from page 32 of the 1997 Eddie Bauer catalogue.
The flannel twins race across the moor and embrace each other as if they were two long-lost lumberjacks finding love for the first time. "
Monday, February 16, 2009
For the past few weeks, I have been coming home to quite a mess from my little Carter. I think he is trying to send his mom a message:
Posted by katie@tulsadetails at 5:06 PM
Sunday, February 15, 2009
1- Because she will totally let me plan it.
2- Because everyone 1 year old needs a party!
3- Could a puppy theme be ANY cuter for a baby whose first words were dada and dog? Don't worry, Kristen is totally down. Well, I am not sure she wants to send invites (who do you invite to a 1st birthday party that you wouldn't just call?), but they are just soooo cute, I don't know how she couldn't!!! Here is what I have found. Seriously. So. Cute. (Sidenote, check out this website. These invites are freaking adorable.)
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Did you guys know we have a children's museum??
Tommy and I have ALWAYS wondered about that "Asian Museum" at the entrance to I-44 and Harvard. Well, now I know!
I consider myself pretty "in the know" but I had NEVER heard of this chocolatier. And, you know how I love dessert!
Also, for those of you who are interested in a "staycation" this summer, there are many interesting places to visit. I might just have to take a trip throughout OK soon. I am so intrigued.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Hostess with the Mostess is doing a great giveaway today on her blog:
Gotta love this from Cake Wrecks. Yes, these are feet and yes, that is a Toe Tag. GROSS!!! You should see the other feet cakes. Way worse.
From Cute Overload. I love these pups!
Posted by katie@tulsadetails at 8:06 PM
Sunday, February 8, 2009
I find shopping for men to be one of the most difficult tasks in the world. Tommy is impossible. So, I thought I would help you ladies out if you were looking for the perfect gift for your man this Valentine's Day. Now I know nothing says romance like a video game but even the girls will love this old school game player. I got this for Tommy about 3 Christmases ago and he still is playing it. It is a game system you just plug into the front of your tv and includes such classics as:
Original Super Mario Brothers
Tetris (LOVE it!!!)
Arkanoid (basically a ball bounces and you have to remove tiles and not have the ball fall)
And so many more. Hours of fun!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
FREE FroYo Day in Jenks!
Stop by FreshBerry on Grand Opening Day, February 9th, and get a regular size yogurt and one topping for FREE Monday 2/9/09 from 12-9
Located at: FreshBerry Frozen Yogurt CafeRiverview Shopping Center807 E. A Street Jenks, OK 74037(918) 528-3222
We cater! Let us bring FreshBerry to your next office meeting, birthday party, or event--Call the cafe for more information.
Offer only for February 9th, 2009 during regular business hours, may not be combined with other offers, valid only at the location listed above.
Special note to Kelsey, wouldn't this be a great birthday treat?? And, even better if you find out you are having a Baby Dax!!! ; ) You will have to get Jeff to take you after your appointment!!!
A friend of mine is having a son named Ford and wanted some help finding a Ford logo sign for over his bed. She had trouble finding one, but I found about 12 within 5 minutes. Here is what I came up with as the best possible option:
And, at only $12, you cannot beat that!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Here is the link: http://cfc.ktul.com/voting/vote.cfm?voteid=9
Click the radio button under Max's picture (above) and then scroll to the bottom to vote. It will send you to sign up for an account on KTUL and then your vote will go through!
No matter what, Max is a winner in my book!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
And, here is my right slipper.